Chapter 5: The Preparation

Comincia dall'inizio

Darn, I feel so embarrassed!

"H-Hey, Fanny! Stop t-that!" I stammered as I hid my face from them. I looked at Tigreal who was grinning at me, desperately asking for his help. He knew what I mean, so he cut the awkward and embarrassing conversation.

"Ahem! By the way, do you want to practice again, miss?" Tigreal asked, as I looked at him and nodded.

"Just call me Lesley, sir Tigreal." I smiled.

"Okay, Lesley." He smiled back.

Geez, Tigreal! You saved me!

-

I'm at the garden, lying down the grass, feeling the fresh air as I breathe. I feel relaxed and it makes me less stressful. Courtesy of Fanny who suggested this wonderful spot!

I can feel the scent of the flowers, that made me breathe slowly, and calm. The soft grass that tickles my arm, and the sunlight greeted me like it says welcome back.

As I closed my eyes, I began to sing out of boredom:

It started out as a feeling,

Which then grew into a hope,

Which then turned into a quiet thought,

Which then turned into a quiet word.

Then, thousands of dark reveries flashed into my mind.

And then that word grew louder and louder,

'Til it was a battle cry,

I'll come back, when you call me,

No need to say goodbye.

I remembered my happy moments with my real parents, as we walked down the meadow, singing this song together.

Just because everything's changing,

Doesn't mean it's never been this way before,

All you can do is try to know who your friends are,

As you head off to the war.

I started to remember the scars from the past, one by one.

Pick a star on the dark horizon,

And follow the light,

You'll come back, when it's over,

No need to say goodbye.

The day they killed my parents, I still remember what they did to them, and what they did to me.

I slowly touched my left eye, with my left hand, caressing it softly. And I remember the day I met Gusion, we had so much fun together before, not until Guinevere showed up. And the day I met him, is also the day I saw him with Guinevere, making love.

After I sang, I can't help but to cry silently. After all, I still can't move on from the past. I'm not that strong enough to move forward.

I cried, and cried, until I drifted off to sleep.

-

I woke up and sat on the grass, looking at the sky, my jaw dropped and my eyes widen. It's now dusk! Oh, dear... I slept too long. They're gonna kill me if I'm late, argh!