Chapter 2: Complicated Emotions

While daybreak emerged slowly, with trees shimmering in distaste from the scattered light flowing through the early morning clouds, one girl bounded up with tangible excitement. Her matted hair from a sleepless night flowed just behind her as she ducked under arms carrying boxes, stammering apologies as she ran as fast as she could. A beaming smile was spread across her face as she practically danced down the corridor in a rushed excitement.

Eri pulled her tail coats sleeves onto her arms as she darted in and out of corners and doors, trying to get to Izuku's office while still avoiding the hustle and bustle of the early morning. Eri tried to tame her mane of hair, though gave up as she focused on making her way to the familiar room. Her excitement was unquestionable, it would be the first real mission she went on. Not scouting, recon or as backup. But a real mission.

Eri was suddenly pulled back by a hand on her collar. Her weight being pulled behind her, she nearly tripped over her own feet, struggling to keep her balance as she looked behind her.

A similar set of eyes met hers, a familiar warmness she admired. "Hey Izuku..." She said, chuckling awkwardly as she stood. Izuku crossed his arms with a raised eyebrow.

"Excited ay? Excited enough to not get up for the debriefing?"

Eri clasped her hands together, bowing her head slightly. "Sorry...I didn't mean to...I just didn't read the clock right..."

"Riiiiight." Izuku chuckled, leaning against the wall, pointing to Eri. "Well, how about this? I'll fix that head of hair and you listen to the plan. Alright?"

"Yes!" Eri beamed, giving a giant thumbs up back at him.

Izuku gestured her to sit on the floor, as he took the hair band from Eri's wrist and took a comb from his pocket. "I have to wonder how the hell you did this..."

"I have to wonder why you just carry that comb around. Your hair is literally impossible to brush!"

"Well, I've been around you long enough to know that you aren't exactly the most proactive when it comes to your hair."

"Yeah, okay, you got me there. So, what's going on with the mission?"

Izuku mumbled, placing the hair band on his own wrist as he underwent the extraordinary task of tackling the mass of white. "You, me and Compress will be dropped of at Hawks agency. We will locate files concerning the league and destroy them. Then, we will meet with Dabi and confront Hawks and Endeavour, who will be having a meeting at noon."

"Do you know what the meetings about?"

"Yes and no, that's another reason why we are going."

"What? What do you mean, yes and no?"

Izuku paused, gathering all the hair into the grip of his hand. "We received a phone call as few days ago. It was strange, if anything abnormal. I plan to do some investigation to see if they have any idea about it. My guess is that this is what the surprise meeting is about, considering the message has apparently been posted everywhere."

"I see. What am I supposed to be doing?"

"You will follow my lead. You are going to help me, and you won't leave my side. Okay?"

"Understood." Eri said with a mock salute.

"Everyone else has their own assignments. However, I just want you to focus on yourself today. Remember everything we have taught you."

"Don't get caught." Eri said, with a mumble as Izuku pulled her hair into a ponytail.

"You have your dart gun?"