Chapter 6- Build and Break

Start from the beginning

"Who do you think she's getting married to?"

I finally hit the 'wash' button and settled beside Erin. Thank goodness the owner wasn't around or else they'd tell us off about sitting on the folding table. "Hmm, I'm not sure. She doesn't appear that much in the newspaper."

Erin agreed. "I don't follow her on Twitter, too, so I don't really know."

We continued to watch where an interview of Catherine Elton was already being held. She looked stunning in her all white jumpsuit, revealing a little bit of her bosom. Her ash brown hair was tightly pulled in a mid-ponytail that framed her face beautifully.

On stage, she looked very elegant in her gowns along with her swift movements with her violin. But in the media, she looked very poised and sophisticated with a million-dollar-smile-a total package, in my opinion.

She then began talking about her performances all over Europe and North America with delight. All of a sudden, the interviewer brought up the rumor of her marriage.

"Marriage is definitely something that I will not pass up in life. I want to get married, but I want to get married to the person I love. When and where is still a mystery to me," Catherine Elton's charismatic response emanated through the T.V.

"So I guess she has a "who" eh? She's just keeping it a secret," Erin commented and I agreed to her instantly.

The interviewer was getting a little giddy with her romantic response, then pulled a slideshow of the beautiful heiress hand in hand with a man wearing a brown suit, their backs facing the paparazzi. The man was not very tall at all and his face was completely concealed.

Catherine Elton let out a hearty laugh. "Oh God this picture is so old."

I let out a sigh. The media could be a pain in the ass. Maybe Catherin Elton wasn't ready to reveal her secret lover, or that she really was just not ready to reveal who it was.

"Both of your families have very close ties, do you think that your marriage with Marcus Don Valentine is inevitable?" The interviewer asked Catherine and it made me turn my head to Erin. She was just as surprised as I was.

"That's something that I can't answer directly today, but my being an heiress certainly holds quite a bit of responsibility and to whom I get married to is quite an issue. After getting married, I will surely have to focus on the business than music. So, it's really sad to think about marriage when at the same time, I have to cut off something so important to me as well."

Wait, what? Was she talking about Marcus? The same Marcus from today? I don't understand at all... Why would he...?

And then it hit me like a ton of bricks. Did he plan to use me as a decoy?

That's possible... but, why?

"Em... did you know about that?" Erin's voice snapped me out of my reverie and I could only shake my head in response.

"I—No. I don't know anything about that."

"So, what's it going to be? Are you still gonna play pretend when someone like her is involved?" Erin glanced over to the T.V where Catherine Elton was shown.

I couldn't help but curse inwardly. Marcus had left out an important factor to consider.

I was glaring at the T.V, wasn't sure if it was a flare of anger and disappointment was starting inside me, but I sure couldn't wait to hear it from Marcus himself.

*****************

A/N: To those who have read the older version, that must be you! XD There has been some drastic change here but don't worry, the headbutt shall come back ;) I hope you still like it

Song: ♪ Celebrity Status by Marianas Trench ♪