Chapter 6- Build and Break

*********

Please show your support by voting/comment/sharing this chapter.

*********

Erin had been tailing me around all morning to spill the juicy information about my sudden easy-going attitude and shocking quick make-friends with the hot CEO we had met yesterday.

I had repeated myself over and over again that the "juicy" information wasn't really worth of her sweet energy, but her tenacity and melodramatic pleases had made me raise the white flag.

"We jogged. We ate. We went home," I replied in a short, straight-to-the-point way. I thought it ended the conversation but she marched behind me with a laundry bin in hand, bombarding me with more questions.

Erin dropped the bin then let out an enraged groan as she crossed her slender arms over her chest. "You keep telling me that same boring stuff! I want to know what reeeally happened in between the jogging and eating." She even had to prolong the word "really" to get her point across.

A quick flashback instantaneously clouded my mind. The almost-kiss under the tree, the faded sound of raindrops elevating the mood to a romantic air, and the palpable heat he had left burning inside me were still in my mind.

His haunting pair of yellowish-brown eyes could rapidly change his aura from frivolous to dingy so quickly that I puzzled myself. Had I witnessed his true nature or his persona?

These were all factors to my ludicrously reckless yet undeniable huge pace from avoidance to any form of distraction to questionable form of attraction towards a man I scarcely knew.

I pushed back the thought, cleared my throat as to say something. "Okay, okay. Fine! I surrender!"

Erin's pair of cerulean eyes focused on my cobalt pair, ready to hear what was about to unfold before her.

"He asked me to be his girlfriend." I muttered in a low voice but enough for Erin to squeal in delight. But I quickly cut off her false fairytale.

"Just a pretend girlfriend and nothing else."

Erin's excitement plummeted in an instant. "What? I get the no-label relationship, but a just-pretend relationship? Is that even a thing? Why would he want you to be a pretend girlfriend?"

"I don't know. He said something about his parents being too pushy but I'm only considering it because he promised to not bother me about the house anymore."

"NO WAY!? You agreed to that?"

I shook my head. "Of course not! I told him that I'm going to think about it."

Erin pounced around me with a sly smile on her face and I arched a brow at her. "But you're considering it, Em. You do realize that there's a catch, right?"

I locked up the house behind me, two carts of dirty laundry in our hands and we continued to walk down the concrete path to the laundromat.

I gave her last statement one more thought. "Catch? Like, falling in love with him and stuff like that?"

"Yes! That can be a problem! But, oh so romantic," Erin swayed back and forth with dreamy eyes.

I couldn't help but snort at that. "Romantic? Erin, this is more like a job than an actual relationship."