Chapter 1: Rising smoke

" GET OUT OF THE HOUSE!" The girls hear Hunter yell from somewhere in the beach house. They look around, seeing flames licking the bottom of the door to the bathroom.

" HUNTER! MAKE SURE JACKSON AND JACOB GET OUT OK!" Donte yells. "The girls are already out."

" NO WE'RE NOT! WE'RE IN THE ROOM!"

" THEN WHO IS OUTSIDE?!?"

" PROBABLY THE PEOPLE WHO STARTED THE FIRE?!?"

" DONTE SUPER SPEED US OUT OF HERE!!!"

They hear a loud crash outside the door and Donte coughing.

" I CAN'T GET TO YOU! YOU'LL HAVE TO GO THROUGH THE WINDOW!"

" Guys, stop yelling! It'll just put more smoke into our lungs!"

" Ok..Ok..April you can fly right?"

" Yes. But I haven't had much time to pr-"

Suddenly, Elle grabs a bag with things to survive and tackles April into the window, breaking it.

" WHAT THE- ELLE ARE YOU INSANE!?!!"

" That's an understatement..."

They fall down and just as they're about to fall and probably break something, April's instincts kick in, stopping them right before they hit the ground.

" Told you!" Elle smiles.

" I'm pretty sure that you just gave me a heart attack."

" I don't think the baby is gonna make it..something doesn't feel right..."

" Could it be that you just JUMPED THROUGH THE FRICKING WINDOW!?!?"

"...I felt it in the house..."

" Oh..."

" It'll be ok! We'll be ok...we're always ok..right?........"

" Wait. IS EMILY OUT!?!" April says, looking around. Donte starts running toward the house just as it is completely engulfed in flame.

" JAY! GO GET HER!"

" HUNTER HELP!..YOU HAVE THE WATER POWERS!" Elle screams.

" Alright!" Hunter and Jay run in and after a few agonising moments, come out with Emily unconscious in their arms.

" Oh my god..Is she ok...?" Jackson asks, starting to cry.

" We need to get her to a hospital..April it'd be easier if you flew her over.." Hunter says.

" I can't...Just get Jacob and Donnie to run her over..we'll meet you guys out there..Elle needs to go too...To make sure the baby is ok.." April tells the team that everything will be ok. The teens race to the hospital to get checked out and cared for.

" Hey...I have a question. Why didn't ANYONE call the fire department?"April says once they calm down.

" We couldn't... Our phones were taken and burned..We think someone started the fire..because there were people watching our house burn."

" But who would?"

" Lillie.....?"

" Omg...Did you see anyone else in the house, Jay? Hunter?"