Welcome to 2020

Varian sat down on the bed in his temporary room. A man in a blue costume (police officer, but you probably guessed that) had found them and first lectured them that they were only allowed to go outside in emergencies, before Rapunzel explained to him that they weren't from around. He then brought them to a house that was unused for a time, because the owner was in prison and no one wanted to buy it. "It's not the biggest home, but it'll be big enough the six of you." He had told him. He quickly showed them around, and Varian had noticed a flat, black thing in the livingroom. "What is that?" He asked, making the man laugh. "Youth of today, so busy with everything else they don't even recognise every day things. That is a TV, boy." "What does it do?" The man was highly amused by Varian's curiosity. "Well, you take the remote, this thing, and press that button." He explained and the front of the TV lit up. "The news won't bother you, so to change channels, you press this button, or press the numbers." He showed him some different channels, and also explained how the other technology in the house worked. Then, Varian had gone to the room he had chosen to let sink in what he just witnessed. "This might be the best day of my life." He said.

It's been a week since they ended up here, and Varian was starting to learn how to work with everything around. He also found out why they couldn't go outside. Appearently, there was a very contagious virus spreading over the world. It was called the coronavirus, or simply COVID-19. Mach 2020, the government decided to go in lockdown. It would continue until May, and now it was April. Cassandra had gone out to get food, Hugo and Yong were in the garden, and Rapunzel and Eugene were a mystery. Varian sat in the livingroom thinking if it was just a coincidence or if they intentionally ended up in a time with a virus that had the same name as their kingdom. He had been thinking for hours now and decided to take a break. He went to the kitchen to make a ham sandwich for himself. He stared out the window as he slowly chewed it, before his attention got caught by something outside. Or better to say, someone. A girl walked by with a puppy, and she was the most gorgeous girl he had ever seen. She had shining (color) hair, beautiful (color) eyes, (adoreable freckles, if you have them) and a perfectly shaped head. She looked like everything in heaven had fused together and created something it couldn't handle and dropped it on earth. Varian stared at her as she passed, and when she got out of sight, he fell of his chair. "Nice job, Varian." Hugo said and sipped his tea.