Audition

If you read this, feedback would be greatly appreciated! I can't make it better until I know what needs to be improved. Thanks!

Breathe.

I step into the chilly room, my champagne colored heels clicking on the smudged white tile floor. A balding man in a brown tweed suit sits at a table, hands folded on top of it. Rectangular glasses sit on the bridge of his nose. A stack of papers sits lopsidedly next to him. Competition.

Sharply intaking a breath, I hand the man my audition form. It crinkles as he grabs ahold of it, skimming over it then looking at me. His gaze seems to penetrate through me, assessing every inch of my being. I'm suddenly glad I wore my tuxedo suit instead of jeans.

"Adelie Silver".

Hardly aware I'm doing so, I nod.

"It says here you're trying for the role of Es-"

"Esmerelda George," I cut in, then quickly remember my manners, "S-sir". I realize I've been holding my breath. Breathe out. The man nods seriously.

"Hello Ms. Silver, I'm Harry Potter".

"You m-mean like-"

"Yes, like the boy wizard. That's the one." he sighs as if he's been asked this question hundreds of times. "So, shall we get back to business"?

I feel myself nod again.

"Would you like to do the interview first or the audition first?" Mr. Potter stares at me until I realize I'm being asked a question.

"Oh- sorry... Um... I th-th-think I w-want to do the aud-di-di..." I clear my throat. "Audition." 

"Alright, we're going to start on page 43, right when Jacob says, 'Fetch the Duke of Hemingshire'." Mr. Potter says as he hands me a script. He licks his finger and flips open his copy to the correct page."I'll be Jacob. Are you ready"?

As I'll ever be. 

"Yes".

"Fetch the Duke of Hemingshire. We need to leave the castle now or the army of the dead will be on us by dark".

"I c-can't leave. This place is my home." I've turned on my British accent as well as I'm able at the moment.

"If you don't leave then the Lord of Darkness will take you".

"Let him come. I'm not leaving my family and friends behind to fend for themselves. They will surely perish-." Oh god. I sound Australian. "-or be taken prisoner by the Lord of Darkness, forced to join his despicable army and fight for evil!" I feel myself becoming one with the character.

"You wish to stay? Stay. I'm leaving. If you decide to come with me, then I'll be in the armoury collecting weapons. If not... Our engagement is over. Decide soon". 

I'm no longer standing in the audition room. I'm in the castle, standing on the highest tower. Having a conversation with Jacob.

"I'm glad the Lord of Darkness is coming! If he weren't, I would never have discovered what an arrogant buffoon you were until it was too late!" Now I'm really into it. "And you can take your precious engagement and shove it up your yellow ass!" this isn't really in the script. I better stop making things up before- "YOUR MOTHER WAS A HAMSTER AND YOUR FATHER SMELT OF ELDERBERRIES!" Too late. I've entered Monty Python territory now. Frantically I steer myself back into the script. "Leave my castle at once. I don't need yellow-bellied cowards telling me what I can and cannot do".

I wait for Jacob to speak. When nothing happens, I'm standing back in the audition room, looking at a wide-eyed Mr. Potter staring at me with an almost comical expression. His glasses are slid down to the end of his nose, but he doesn't seem to notice. Slack-jawed, he sets down his script and ogles at me.