Chapter Forty: Talk About The Future

Start from the beginning

"That expression."

Sakura felt her face heat up as blush invaded her face, averting her eyes on the floor like it's the most interesting thing in the world. Sasuke felt a small tug on the side of his lips and a ghost of a smile slowly crept. But when Sakura looked at him, Sasuke's face was as blank as a sheet of paper.

"I really want to go outside," Sakura muttered before standing up.

Sasuke watched the pinkette, he was comfortably sitting on the couch while Sakura was having a slightly hard time walking around with her swollen belly as the Uchiha would like to put it.

Sakura also felt the physical changes in her body as it adjusted to pregnancy. She was walking around the living room, she doesn't feel like sitting on a couch all day like Sasuke planned to do as he was sitting comfortably watching her. He was waiting until Sakura get tired of walking around in circles and just sit there beside him.

Today, Sasuke felt like doing absolutely nothing. He doesn't want to go outside, not just because of the cold but because he was afraid he would run into Naruto. He doesn't know if he's cursed or what but almost every single time he was outside, he would always run into Naruto. If he's lucky, Sasuke could ditch him. If he's unlucky, which happened most of the time, Naruto would drag him anywhere he wanted to.

Sakura was just walking, exercising her legs when she suddenly felt a slight pain in her stomach like something kicked inside. Well, something did kick inside and Sakura knew it was the baby's first kick but was too surprise to supress the loud gasp that escaped her mouth as she held her stomach.

Sasuke, despite sitting comfortably on the couch, still managed to appear beside Sakura in a blink. Sakura was almost convinced he used his visual prowess to appear by her side that fast. But Sasuke did not use any of his visual prowess, it was purely instinct when he heard her gasp.

"Are you alright? Should I call a Doctor?" Sasuke's concerned face was almost funny that Sakura almost chuckled.

"I am a Doctor," she said as she let the Uchiha led her back to the couch.

For some odd reason, Sasuke had to sit on the couch and made Sakura sit on the spot in front of him, between his legs which was completely unnecessary and Sakura felt bashful with their sitting position. But Sasuke had to sit her that way or else she would stand up again and walk around.

"Uhhh- Sasuke-kun, this is really getting uncomfortable," Sakura muttered as she felt his arm snaked around her, his hand resting on her belly.