VI. THE BENEFACTOR

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Quinn let her eyes glow a bright yellow and growled as she charged at the axe-wielding-creep. But he magically took out another axe and stabbed it it between her shoulder blades, making her fall to the ground with a painful groan. Hastily she tried to crawl over to Peter but fell down beside him. The two looked at the person (?).

    "Derek.." Peter tried to call out for help, trying to breathe properly with an axe buried in his chest, but it seemed to not work so well. Huh, weird.

The mouthless man raised his hand to his arm where a small keyboard was wrapped around his bicep. Quinn panted in ragged breath as every time she breathed a painful shock was sent through her body.

    A distorted voice came from the man. "Don't worry, Peter, Quinn. Derek is next." The voice said and the man left, leaving the two werewolves on the ground, in pain. Peter groaned as he ripped the axe from his chest before crawling over to Quinn and swiftly ripping the axe from her back. She didn't hesitate to sprint after the assassin. It was clear he wasn't expecting it as Quinn managed to rip off his talking device. But the man kicked her backwards. She landed on her back.

    "Son of a.." She exclaimed. When she looked up the assassin had vanished.
    "It's poisoned. That guy poisoned the axe and I'm gonna kill him." Peter tried to stand up and go after him but Quinn held him back.
    "Calm down. It won't do any good now. He's long gone. We just have to find a way to get the wolfsbane out." She said as she lumped over to the table and leaned against it, breathing heavily as the wound stung painfully.

    "Yeah, but we're gonna need help." Peter said and Quinn groaned as he took out his phone, calling Derek.

    About half an hour later, the sun had already risen and Derek walked through the door, his eyes widening at Peter who was leaning against the table and at Quinn who was sitting on the ground, both with a large wound on their chest and back. They were breathing heavily, their foreheads laced with sweat. The blood coming from the wounds wasn't the typical red, though. It was black.
    "What the hell happened?" Derek asked.

Quickly, Peter explained everything with the axe-throwing bitch. He took of his shirt to get a better look at the wound.
    "The axe was laced with wolfsbane." Derek stated.
    Quinn raised her head from where it was resting against the table, "Yeah, no shit. Why else would I feel like I'm dying!" She snapped and glared at him.

    Derek ignored her and walked in front of Peter with a lighter in his hand. Quinn sighed and closed her eyes, trying to focus on anything but the burning feeling of poison running through her veins.
    "I don't know the species, so I'm going to have to burn it out." He said and lit a small flame.
    Peter looked at it and back at Derek, "I think I can handle a little fire." He gritted out. Derek only took out a much larger torch and used the lighter to light a large flame, holding it up.
    Peter looked at it, "Oh, hell."

Quinn cringed as Peter started screaming. She blinked quickly as her eyesight got dizzy and a nausea came from her stomach. She lunged forward and spit out a bit of black blood just as Peter stopped screaming and went to sit against a support beam. Quinn looked at the black blood on the ground and raised her hand to her lips, looking at her fingers where blood was smeared on, "That's a lot of blood. That's not good at all." She mumbled tiredly.

    "Quinn, you need to get up so I can burn out the wolfsbane." Derek said as he looked at the woman who didn't at all look healthy at the moment. Quinn looked up and eyed the large flame before looking at Derek.
    "You know what, I think I'm good. Yeah, I'm just gonna—" She was cut off as she coughed violently.
    Derek rolled his eyes, seemingly unconcerned and stuck out his hand. "Come on, now's not exactly the time to be stubborn."
    Quinn pursed her lips and put her hands on the table, pushing herself up but stumbled back. Derek reacted quickly and gripped her upper-arm, giving Quinn a look.
    "Oh, stop enjoying my suffering so much." She glared at him half-heartedly.
    "Trust me, this isn't my definition of a good time." He responded. "Just turn around and take your shirt off." He said, his face stoic.