Maybe Talking To People Helps

Start from the beginning

"Yep. Ban books, and celebrate guys who hit a baseball real hard." Cyrus said.

His dad groaned, taking a sip of his drink. "I went through the same bullshit, yeah scapegoating, mob mentality." He placed his glass down to stir the pot. "Yeah, I should've fought back", Cyrus said, acting tough. "Kinda hard to do when you have no power," Tyler said sarcastically.

"Who says you have no power?" His dad asked. "The world," Tyler said as if it was apparent. "Well, don't listen to the world. If you don't fit into one of their boxes, they wanna punish you, but don't let them." He told him, taking a sip of his drink.

"Real heroes fuck shit up!" Cy exclaimed. I laughed, eating a strawberry slice. His dad hummed in agreement, "More like resist. But yes." I high fived him, "That's why you are the coolest dad ever!" I cheered.

"Hi", Mackenzie announced her arrival, walking into the kitchen. "Oh, glad you could join us." Cyrus said to her playfully, "Oh, bite me, Cy-Cy." She kidded, hugging him. "You're on salad duty," her dad said to her. "Okay hey Ella", she hugged me. "Hey girl."

"Hey Tyler", she acknowledged the curly-haired boy while opening the fridge door. "Oh hey", he replied shyly. "Sorry I'm late, Dad," she apologized to her father, who was silently dancing while he cooked. "That's all right" I put some ice in the jug.

"Oh, wait, so you're..." Tyler got cut off by Cyrus. "Chronically late. You'll get used to it." He interjected flatly, staring at his sister. Tyler walked over to Mackenzie. I walked up behind Cyrus and wrapped my arms around his waist; he looked back and smiled at me.

We silently watched them. "Hey, can we please be excused until dinner is ready?" I asked his dad. "Sure but if your going to get down use protection and keep the noise down" I laughed at his remark. "Can't make any promises dad" He took my hand and lead me to his room.

"We're not doing anything dirty," I said, falling on his bed. "I know", he replied, turning on some music. He jumped on the bed next to me and pulled me closer to him, then kissed my forehead. I snuggled into him and placed my hand on his chest. I'm glad I could feel safe with him now.

~Next Day~
(Play the song for full effect)

I saw Cyrus and Tyler sitting next to each other, talking. I walked over to them. "I see you guys are getting closer" they turned to me immediately. "Sup babe", Cy kissed my forehead. "Hey", Tyler waved. "What were you guys talking about?" I asked. I noticed Tyler looked squirmish, but Cyrus shrugged. "Video game shit" I nodded my head.

I knew Cyrus was lying to me, but I didn't want to push it, no reason to start an unnecessary argument.

"Marcus Cole is testifying tomorrow think he'll sell out Bryce?" Tyler asked. "Probably not he's a little bitch too," Cyrus played with his switchblade, "I told the truth and people are mad at me" I looked at Tyler with knitted brows but stayed silent.

"That's how the school is man. Full of hypocrites," Cyrus replied, shaking his head. "It's not fair. You know people hurt others, and the school does nothing why?" Tyler said, sadly playing with his fingers.

"Cy I'm gonna go home I'll text you later" I got up and left. It's not that I hate Tyler; I don't know him, but I wasn't comfortable with the way the conversation was going.

I saw a strange car in the driveway, but the front door was closed. I slowly walked in, looking around. "Mom, Dad, you home!" I called. I walked to the kitchen and saw my dad, but I didn't recognise the woman "Dad, who's this?"

The lady turned around, and the first thing I noticed was her swollen abdomen. "Hi, I'm Nicole!"

I noticed my dad drag his hand over his face. "Don't talk to my daughter. Ella go to your room I'll be up in a little while," he said. "No dad you said no more shutting me out. Who is she?"

She looked between us. "I'm your dad's girlfriend and your future mom" she rubbed her stomach. Wait is she-
My dad slammed his hand down on the countertop "Nicole. I swear to god shut up!" She jumped. "Dad..." I backed away slowly.

"Ella it's not what it looks like I promise. If you go upstairs-" I cut him off. "No" I ran towards the garage and hopped in my car. I turned it on. "Ella please" he tried opening the door, but I locked it.

I reversed and starting driving out. "Ella! Fuck!"

"How could he!" I yelled, hitting my wheel. I was shaking slightly as I drove. Where do I go now? What's happening? This can't be happening again...

~Timeskip~

"Hel...Ella, what's wrong?" My cousin asked.

I wiped my face. "Can I come in?" He moved aside. I walked into the familiar house. "What's wrong, Ella? Did that dumbass midget do something?" He questioned me, "Bryce, I'm not in the mood. I just want to go sleep," I said tiredly, sipping my drink.

"Okay come on, but you're telling me tomorrow" I followed after him up the stairs.

"Here we go the room hasn't changed that much since the last time" he opened the door for me. I walked into the familiar room; this is my second home. I placed my things down on the dresser and looked at the pictures. I saw a picture of Sheri and me. I turned it down.

"Thanks, Bryce," I said softly, walking over to my bed. I heard the door lock. "Ella, what's wrong?" I rolled my eyes. "Bryce, oh my gosh let me breathe you don't have to know everything that goes on in my life!" I threw my sneaker against the wall. "Shit fine. I won't, but you aren't sleeping alone tonight," he replied.

I looked at him. "You ain't sleeping with me" he reached for something shit. "You came for these?" He opened a box and took out two orange bottles. I started shaking. "Guess not I'll go throw them out" he got up and left. I quickly got up and locked the door behind him.

I walked back to my bed and fell face first; I want to be alone.

I really want you guys to see Ella and Bryce's relationship and why she's more inclined to see his point of view and believe what he says as time goes on.
Trust me, she's not going to defend him for long once all the proof comes out.

Thanks for the feedback so far! Love you guys alot!💘