『 C H A P T E R 2 : PROMISE 』

Start from the beginning

Eren then continued. "She is a weird one. Living alone at the foot of the forest. Isn't she scared of getting robbed? Human trafficking? Ghost??" Eren started to blabber.

Mikasa was still waiting for the answer to her second question, but seeing the boy started to ramble and lost focus, she snapped him back. Eren simply sighed at that.

"Ireen doesn't like people to enter her house. To be honest, her whole family never allowed anyone in. That's why I didn't bring you along."

"Why she didn't want anyone to enter her house?"

"Beats me. She won't tell anything. But the only reason I was allowed, was because.... Ummmm.... I.... Ummmm...." Eren face immediately turned red, as he recalled back the last incident.

Five years ago, at age of five, Eren was following Ireen back to her house. Be cautious not to be found out like usual, he maintained a very safe distance between them. Ireen had rejected his offer to be friends for a month now. Every time they met at the district's market with Ireen and her younger sister carrying baskets of fresh vegetables to trade with the sellers, she will look away and immediately leave, ignoring his call.

Her sister acted the same way too. And he knew the siblings had no friends at all, so why don't they make one at all?

As that, today, he was determined to talk to her, and forced her to accept him as her first friend no matter what. And coincidentally, Ireen was walking alone as her mom and her sister had something else to do in the market, so she went back first.

But somehow, during his mission in tailing her, Ireen was able to slip away, leaving him in wander on which turn to take as he stood in question at the two paths lied ahead. He then made a decision to turn left, which unbeknownst by him, Ireen was actually hiding on a tree, looking at the choice he made so she will choose the other one. Either way, the two paths still could lead to her house, if the person knows how to....

.
.
.

After walking for quite some time, Eren gave up and decided to go back home. But in his tiredness, he got really thirsty so he maneuvered to the nearest river that he could find from the sound of water running, splashing and gurgling.

The exact moment he reached, he kneeled at the river bank, cupping a handful of water and started drinking. But when he looked at the side, he spurted out the water as the person that he had been following all this time is currently sitting in the water, back facing him instead.

When Ireen heard the noise, she turned, and horror painted on her face. At the moment, she wasn't wearing any top clothes, and only putting on a pair of shorts as she was swimming and diving in the river. She didn't expect she gonna be seen like this by a freak kid that constantly want to befriend her. Even worse, her back was truly exposed to his sight that she had no choice but to end his life.

"Gahhhh I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry... I didn't mean to peep." Eren backed away, closing his eyes.

In an instance, Ireen jumped out, pushing him onto his back and held his two wrists with her own hands.

"O-oi... What are you doing?" Eren took a small peek.

"Put on a clothes, idiot!!! Why are you holding me down instead??!" He screamed. And the blush on his face intensified.

"I'm sorry but you have to die..." Ireen slowly whispered.

"What? It was an accident. I swear I have no intention to peep. Please just forgive me. I won't tell anyone I saw you naked here."