『 C H A P T E R 2 : PROMISE 』

Começar do início

"My dad is a doctor. Is not like we are living a hard life with his payment."

"Sigh... You are not gonna drop this subject, aren't you? Fine.. How about this?? I agree to have lunch with your family tomorrow. So stop persuading me to live with you."

The joy on Eren's face reflected immediately as his teal eyes widened and he jumped in excitement. "Really? You will come??" He was half shouting, half squealing.

"Idiot! Be careful or you will drop the soup!" And he got scolded instead.

"You truly are coming tomorrow right? Right??"

"Yes, I will. Now go back home and tell your family about it. You gonna be late to home if you don't leave now. They'll get worry."

Ireen hold out her hand as Eren gingerly accepted it. She then pulled him onto his feet, guiding him out of her house calmly while pushing his back. All the while, Eren won't stop talking and confirming her promise to his mom's invitation for lunch tomorrow. He even told her how his family loved all of her cooking because they were just tasty enough as they should be. Ireen only nodded her head and replied that it was all thanks to his mom for always dropping some recipes and cooking tips to her that she could cook this fine.

Eren was really happy about it, and Ireen was amused at how simple answer could get such reaction from the boy.

She watched the boy waved his hand off and left to his own house. After completely sure he was gone, she walked to the back of her house looking at the few variety of fresh vegetables that had matured and ripe enough to be plucked.

She would have to bring some of them for Jaeger's family as a token. And she wouldn't mind that. She will start plucking first thing tomorrow in the morning.

Tonight, she would like to sit back, relax and enjoy Eren's mom cooking. It had been so long since she ever had a mom's dishes. And she had always been secretly looking forward to Mrs Jaeger's homemade. It's warming her heart, and kept her sanity in check for still having people that truly care about her.

She smiled lightly as she prayed thanking for the food....

- - -

The next day....

"Eren... Why are you crying?"

"Huh...?" the boy blinked his large teal eyes in confusion.

Just a second ago, he was jolted awake from a nightmare... (He thinks so..) But he couldn't remember what was it about.

When he opened his eyes, Mikasa's face was the first thing he saw. She told him it was about time to go back, and without he realized, a lone tear scrolled down his cheek, and later was questioned by the girl.

He wonder why....

.
.
.

"Eren... Is Ireen coming over later?" Mikasa asked, breaking the silence after feet away from drinking Hannes and his group.

"She is.." Eren replied.

.....

"Why do you care about her so much? You didn't even bring me to meet her too yesterday. Why?"

"Hmm? Ahhhh.... Well she has been through rough life and have nobody else anymore. Furthermore, she is quite hard to accept new people in her life. I have known her for quite sometime, even before Armin. And had few times rejected by her to be friends back then."