To Save The City

Shortly after leaving the Osborn mansion, Spider-Man and Black Cat were on their way swinging across the city to meet up with Doc Ock and finally defeat him once and for all. As she had tracked down Otto's lair, Black Cat was out in front leading Spider-Man, though behind his mask, Peter's face was furrowed with a mixture of concern and alarm. He was thinking back at his meeting with Harry involving his unmasking and the consequences of their relationship from now on. However, the thought on his mind at that moment was worrying about Mary Jane's plight. Looking back on his choice to embrace his superhero life more now didn't seem all that bad that even when out of costume, those close to him would always somehow get caught up in trouble with Spider-Man one way or another.

Nonetheless, he had to push all those reflections out of his mind and concentrate on following Black Cat to where Otto Octavius was keeping Mary Jane and stop him from attempting to start that lethal experiment again. After what felt like fifteen minutes of swinging across the city, they arrived at the docks on the very edge of the city near the Hudson River. Black Cat quickly pointed over towards a crumbling wooden warehouse on a waterfront pier. Spider-Man followed his partner and the two of them landed on a rather unstable part of the roof that almost collapsed as they landed on it.

"This it?" Spider-Man asked looking at the structure.

"The very place," Black Cat replied while crossing her arms. "This is where he's hiding ever since he broke out of that hospital," She paused to look at the decaying structure. "Remember what I said before?"

"What's that?" Spider-Man asked.

Black Cat looked down at the crumbling roof tiles at her feet as she began repeating a quote she'd said before. "That in terms of a villain hideout, with it being abandoned, looking suspect and all that, it isn't the most original looking lair I've seen."

Peter smirked beneath the mask as he remembered that night when she'd told him after finding Otto's hideout from before. Just then, they both heard a faint female voice coming from inside the warehouse.

"Hey!"

He knew immediately that voice from anywhere and quickly came up with a plan of action. "Ok here's what we'll do," Spider-Man informed Black Cat his proposal. "First we'll get MJ out of there first, then we'll take out Doc Ock."

"What about this fusion machine thingy?" Black Cat questioned. "How'd you stop it last time?"

"All we have to do is simply pull the plug," Spider-Man answered as he recollected on the first time he'd done it before. "If we do that, then the fusion reactor should stop working."

The short platinum blonde woman place her hands on her hips and looked up at the New York evening skyline. "...Alright then," She replied after thinking it through. "Hope you're right about this, Peter."

They found a large hole in the roof nearby which was big enough to allow the two of them to enter. "But one other thing," Black Cat added as they climbed down the hole. "What if your plans goes wrong, what'd we do then?"

Spider-Man shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know, make it up as you go along."

They quietly entered through the wall and landed on one of the pillars and peered into the darkened warehouse for any sign of life. It didn't take them long to catch sight of four metal tentacles glittering in the darkness and also seeing Otto checking over the ball of tritium. In front of his though was the fusion reactor, but Spider-Man noted that this was even larger than the one that was in Otto's laboratory and slightly cruder in design, no doubt Otto having built this one himself. But what Spider-Man noted was several active computers doted around the reactor with large thick cables were connected up to the large machine, this wasn't like with the original one and even Black Cat could tell that something didn't seem right.