His father beats him and it's worse if he's drunk. One time, when JJ was 12 years old, Harlow cane over to JJ's to hang out and play. Luke heard them shouting and yelling outside the house and he bolted outside. He grabbed JJ and took of his shirt, he took of his belt and smacked him on his back screaming how he should be quiet. He whipped him until his back started to bleed. All Harlow could do was stand there and cry, she couldn't help him nor protect him. It hurt her.

After he was satisfied with the damage, his father went back inside. Harlow ran to the bleeding boy helping him. That night Harlow brought JJ to her house and cleaned his wounds on his back. That left, not only multiple scars running along his back but it scarred him emotionally.

~

"You're his guardian?" Asked the receptionist as JJ walked up to her and his father.

"Sorry to say, I'm his father." Luke scoffs looking angrily at his son. "Well, hearing will be in two weeks. If you fail to show up, you will forfeit your bail. The restitution will be based on the average of three outside estimates of the cost of the damaged article." The receptionist says to Luke preparing him the papers for his sons release.

"Restitution?" JJ' dad asked confusedly. "Pay for what he broke. It's part of the plea." He looked at JJ looking at the floor, scared to look up at his father. JJ was terrified. He would've rather stayed in jail than go in the car with his father.

"Yeah, and... Sign right here, please." The receptionist handed him a paper and a pen. He signed the paper turning to the door.

"Let's go! Go now!" JJ's dad sait do him, anger dripping from him.

JJ and Luke walked down the street towards the old car.

"I wonder what restitution's gonna be on a 2019 Malibu." Luke scoffed at his son.

"I'll pay it off. All of it. I swear, Dad." JJ said looking down at his feet as they walked toward the car.

"Shit. 30K? When you gonna clear that, big guy, 1when all you do is smoke weed and hang out on the south side." Luke said not believing a word JJ said.

"Huh?" He asked his son as he walked on the opposite side of the car. "Get in the car." He said angrily getting in the car.

JJ hesitated, looking at the car. He's going to kill me if I get in the car. JJ thought.

"Let's go." Luke demanded. JJ slowly got in the car.

"Dad, I swear-" JJ started looking at his dad. His dad quickly punched his face, splattering blood all over the window.

"Thirty thousand dollars!" Luke yelled at his son, grabbing him by the shirt and smacking him on the door.

"Do you know what you did to me? Damn-" He screamed at him. JJ tried to defend himself but his father rage fully grabbed him and started punching him.

Making his face and  body bruise and turn purple and blue.

~☆~

First person

I was sitting in my bed, looking at the photos with my friends and I.  I suddenly knock on my window. I looked at the window. Confusion written on my face.

I walked over to it, opening it and looking outside. JJ stood there, smiling. Holy shit!

"JJ!" I yelled excitedly and smiling. But it turned into a frown once I saw the bruises on his face. Luke .

"What happened to you?" I frowned as he climbed in my room through the window.
He came over to me and hugged me.

"Hey, Mon amour, are you okay?" I ask hugging him back. I suddenly hear sniffling. I pull away from him, putting my hand on his face where it wasn't bruised. He had tears streaming down his cheeks. He looked broken.

"I tried to kill my dad." He said choking on his own words. Worry filled my face. Why?

As if he read what I was thinking, he answered me.

"He came to the-the police station, to-today to pick me up. We got in the car and-and I. I tried to tell him I was going to get the money but he started yelling at me and started punching me. When we got home he yelled at me that my-my mom didn't love me. " He sobbed into my shoulder. How can his father be so cruel and heartless.

"He soon fell asleep because he got Dr-drunk again. And I picked up my stuff  and the gun. I stood over him. Pointing the gun straight at his skull. Har, I wanted to kill him." He sniffed, pulling his head from my shoulder, looking into his once ocean eyes, now bloodshot red.

"It's okay baby. It's okay. You're safe now." I say pulling him in and hugging him.

"Come on, lay down. I'll go get some ice for the bruises." I say getting up from my bed. He smiled sadly, leaning his back against the bed, his head hitting the pillow.

I swear I want to kill Luke. I want to kill Rafe. I want to kill everyone that made my baby hurt.

I walked out of the room and into the kitchen to be met with my brother. He came home a couple of hours ago.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asks me as I grab some ice and wrap it in a towel.

"Yeah. JJ just came here. His father beat him again." I say while a tear slips onto my cheek. He clenched his jaw looking away from me. Nic hated Luke. He hated how the father acted towards his son.

He walks over to me, hugging me as I let the tears flow. "How can he do this to his son?" I sob. "I don't understand why he does this to him." I sniffle. I pull away looking at him with teary eyes. "He'll be okay. I know he will, he's strong." He smiles.

"Good night, Harls." "Good night, Nic." I nod walking into my room, closing the door behind me.

I walk over to the bed, where JJ looked at me sadly.

"Hey." I smile walking over to him
"I got you ice." I say while sitting next to his laying figure.

"Here." I say pressing the ice on his cheek as he looked up to me.

"What did I do to deserve you?" He looked up to me lovingly.

"What did I do to deserve YOU, my sweet boy." I smile slightly at him. He sat up and grabbed my face. He kissed me longingly. Oh how I missed the sweet taste of his lips.

After a while of making out I pulled away for air, resting my forehead against his, our eyes closed, our breathing fast.

"Lay down, baby. I have to change and you need to rest, okay?" I asked him as I stood up from the bed. "Mhm..." He said watching my legs as I grabbed a large t-shirt from my dresser.

I took of my clothes and quickly threw over the t-shirt. I pulled my hair into a messy bun before turning around to se him smirking.
"You're beautiful." He smiled.

I blush looking down, walking towards the bed. He took of his shirt and pants, leaving him in only boxers. I sat on the bed, my back pressed against my head rest. He laid down, putting his head on my stomach and wrapping his arm around me.

I smiled down at the boy and started to brush my fingers through his soft hair. He sighed in delight as he slowly started to doze of. Quickly after I gave in to the call of sleep.