The Forbidden Zone 3.1

I bent down and picked the envelope of the ground. A stray tear fell as I handed it to John B through the hole.

"That's not gold." I hear Pope say. I quickly jump and climb out of the hole. "Holy shit." John  mutters looking at the envelope as I approach them.

"Har, this is from our dad's." John B turned to me. I just slightly nodded as a small smile danced on my lips. "Yeah..." I whisper looking down.

I saw JJ smoking his joint so I decided to join him. "Can I have some?" I asked as I pointed at the joint in the blonde's hands. He looked at me and smiled, handing me the joint. I puffed about two times before I saw cars coming towards us. JJ and I looked at each other .

"Code red! Code red!" I said. "Square groupers! Square groupers!" JJ finished whilst turning to Pope, Kie and John B.

JJ quickly grabbed my hand as we ran, hiding behind the grave. "It's the guys that robbed your house." JJ said pulling me into him as we hid.

I look around quickly noticing that our flashlights are on.
"Guys! Flashlights! Turn them off!" I said as I quickly tried to turn of the lamp in my hand.

"Homie's got a gun" JJ said while peeking out on the side of the grave. Fuck this if I'm not going to die here. "Screw this!" I said whilst jumping out of JJ's hands and running towards the gate. I heard them all quickly running behind me.

I heard shouting and yelling to the men who started chasing us to stop. I quickly jumped over the wall waiting for the rest of them so that we could leave. I turned around and saw that everyone has made it, except Pope who had his pants stuck on the fence.

Kie ran to Pope trying to help him. He was going to rip his pants off. Dumbasses. I chuckled to my self as I saw Pope's pants being ripped of as he fell on the ground.

I laughed as I ran to the bus, getting in quickly. Kie and Pope behind me. We all got in the bus laughing and John B finally driving away.

We got to John B's house safe and sound. I saw JJ quickly making his way to the kitchen. Hungry boy. He took two pieces of moldy bread and spreading peanut butter over them. I gagged looking at him.

"That bread had mold on it three days ago." I say leaning on the counter watching him as he turned his head to look at me. "I'll just pull of the bad parts. Plus, mold is good for you. It's just a natural organism." He countered.

" JJ. "I said before walking towards John B. I am nervous as to what we may find in it. Who knows?

JJ ran to us with his bread and took a bite out of it. He made a face and quickly ran to the trash to spit it Out. I laughed at him seeing him retreat from the trash.

"What are you laughing at?" He asked coming up from behind me and hugging me, nuzzling his head in my neck as we watched John B open the envelope.

I saw him pull out a map. He unravelled the paper showing it was the map of Outer Banks. I got out of JJ's hold and grabbed the envelope looking at what was inside as the others looked at the map.

I pulled out a letter with my nickname on it and a tape recorder. I hand the recorder to John B.
"I found a letter and this in the envelope." I say holding the tape recorder out for John B to take.

"What is that?" JJ asked looking at it. "It's a tape recorder, dumbass." I say while I opened the letter.

I looked at John B as he started playing the tape and decided I'll read the letter after.

"Dear Bird. I hate to say, ' I told you so, ' but I told you so. And you doubted your old man. I suspect at this moment, you're filled with guilt and self-loathing over our last fight, but don't kill yourself just yet, kid. I didn't expect to find the Merchant either." I look at everyone as we listened to the tape recorder. Big John found the Merchant? Whoa. But. I still can't help but to ask myself where my father is." You were probably right to call me out. Wasn't exactly Father of the Decade. What can I say, kid? I could smell the barn. And hopefully, we're listening to this in our brand new sugar-shack down in Costa Rica, living off passive investments and pulling on permits. " The gun on the recorder clicks." If not, and you find this for less than optimal reasons, we'll, that's what the map is for. There she is, the wreck of the Merchant. " We all looked at each other.