Chapter 2: Jett Connell

• Dedicated to CM my texting buddy and emotional outlet. You are the rock on which i stand. Lov

Chapter 2: Jett Connell

Winter had always been my favorite season. Snow falling, no school, Christmas. My wolf liked it too. Everything was white, and unless you were white too, it was easy to catch prey.

I had been the Omega of the Brennen pack. My brother was Alpha, and his best friend was his Beta.

He became Alpha when our father “died”. I snorted. What a joke. Everyone in the pack knew that Brent had killed him whilst drunk. They were just too scared to do anything. I had been too. That was until he killed my girlfriend.

She was Beta’s little sister, and was allowed at council. I was too, even though I was an Omega, because the Alpha was my brother. We had been talking about how to increase pack territories, and she had come up with a great idea. Get all of the Alphas of all the packs in this area together and come up with an agreement on territory land.

Alpha T—I can’t even think his name. It’s too painful. I can’t think of her name either.

I can’t think of any of them. The whole pack—it’s just too painful.

He had growled at her, and before anyone knew what was happening, he had leaped over the desk and had had her by the throat.

“What did you say girlie?” He had growled. She had whimpered as he sniffed her neck.

“Ah,” He said, swinging his head towards me. I was frozen in shock. He indicated towards her with his head. “This your girlie Jett?” He dragged her by her hair over to my seat.

“I said,” He shouted. “Is this your goddamn bitch whore?!” I tensed and she looked at me with tear filled eyes.

“Yes,” I had said quietly.

“What?” He said, giving her hair a jerk.

“Yes, that’s my girlfriend.” I said, looking up into his eyes, so similar to mine.

“Is this your mate?” He asked. He had already found his mate; she was kind and beautiful, and I had always though he didn’t deserve her. Oh, he was nice and kind to her, but since he Marked her, if he caused her pain, he would feel it twofold. There was a law in all packs that it was illegal to kill another wolf’s mate, even if the wolf, in my case, hadn’t Changed yet.

She hadn’t been my mate, but I loved her with all of my heart, and more if that were possible. But you can never, ever lie to your Alpha.

“No,” I said, choking out the words.

He smiled. “Well then little bro, next time don’t pick a lying whoring bitch.” Before anyone could do anything, he Shifted and snapped her neck between him jaws. He Shifted back and said to his Beta, “Go clean that up before it stains the carpet. My mate would kill me.”

My vision had turned red; my body shook. Before anyone could stop me, I jumped over the desk and tackled him. Sudden pain filled my body but it didn’t hinder me from pummeling him. The pain sharpened my thinking, and I killed him. Just Shifted and snap! Broken neck. Simple, easy.

Someone in the village screamed a blood curdling screech that brought me back onto myself. My hands shook as I slowly stood up over my brother’s body, his blood mingling with hers.

Everyone bowed down to me and said unified “Long live Alpha Jett.”

I hadn’t know that if you killed the Alpha you were the Alpha, but once I felt that power searing hrough my veins, I knew.

“I don’t want it.” I said. “I don’t want to be Alpha.”

Beta stood up. “I can take it from you; just give me a drop of your blood to drink.” I did it without thinking. I felt everyone’s eyes on me as Beta bit my finger and sucked, and I could still feel their eyes on me when I felt the power recede from me.

Beta smiled and stretched. “Kill him.” He had said motioning to me.

I tensed up. Everyone stood, murder in their eyes. I did the one thing I could do. I Shifted and got the hell out of there.

If he was still Alpha, the pack would still have orders to kill me. That’s why, since that day I have been running—literally—for the past 2 years. I am 18 now.

I am a rouge, and a wanted one at that, for 2 different reasons.

One, because I killed an Alpha. Two, because my wolf is a legend, a mystical beast that hasn’t been seen for centuries.

So its really no surprise that at the moment, I’m being chased.