Chapter Two

"W-Whats going on?" I ask breathless. The whole team was standing around me in a circle. My gaze turns to Ryan kneeling above me, looking very worried.

"You slipped off the block and almost drown." he said, his serious expression now one of amusement.

"Yeah you should thank Ryan. He saved you!" said Missy. I could tell that something was up by the way she was almost laughing at him saving me.

"You did?" I ask Ryan confused. "Yeah. Gave you mouth to mouth too." laughed Michael. I gave him a dirty look which made him stop. I looked back at Ryan who was laughing too.

"Y-you d-did?" I ask surprised. "Yeah but you can thank me later." he said laughing. The entire team was now laughing too! Coach pushed through the crowd and walked to me and Ryan.

"Lauren I think it's best if you take the rest of the day off." My face flushed red. How embarrassing!

"I can take her back to the hotel." offered Ryan. He stuck out his hand to help me up. I cautiously took it still confused by the whole situation. I was shaking still from the incident and I could feel Ryan move his hand to my back to support me, a gesture I didn't like coming from him. I jerked a bit to make him remove his hand.

"Ok," said coach. "But Ryan, you be back here in thirty-minuets! Lauren you can rest and collect yourself. I realize this is your first time and you are nervous but we can't have stuff like that happening. Mistakes are not acceptable. We must be perfect to win."

"Yes coach." I say softly, hanging my head with shame. I can just hear Ryan when we are in the car. "Well great start Rookie. Hope you don't drown on live TV." or "How did you get on the team when you can't even swim?" Great. Just Great.

I get my things and met Ryan to go to his car. I realize I forgot a towel. Great. This day gets better and better.

"You can borrow mine." he says realizing I don't have one. He reaches into his bag and pulls out a large blue towel.

"Uh, thanks." I say taking it. Why is he being so nice? We walk out to the parking lot where his car is. It's a pretty expensive, he probably bought with his sponsorship money. He was so successful! I couldn't keep from feeling a bit jealous...

He walks to the passenger side and opens the door for me. I slowly slide inside, still confused by him sudden kindness. The car ride is quiet. Mist of the time I just stare out the window at the street, trying to avoid having to talk to him. Every now and then I see him glance over at me... Why is he acting like this?!

When we get to the hotel he takes my swim bag and carries it for me. "I got it." he says quickly taking it. He walks me up to my room and I get the key out and open the door.

"When do you want me to out your bag?" he asks trailing in behind me. "Uh, just put it on the bed for now." he lugs it off his shoulder and lets it fall on the bed. He looks around my room at the clothes strayed everywhere.

"Haha, looks like your as messy as I am." he says. "Uh, yeah sorry..." I say. "It's fine. Anything else I can do for ya?" he asks. "No I'm fine." I say, more than ready for him to leave.

"Sure?" he asks cocking an eyebrow.

"Actually."I say boldly "There IS something I need."

"What's that?" he asks confused at my tone.

"I need you to explain to me what you are doing!" I demand. "What are you talking about?" he asks his tone sounding obviously confused, but I can tell he was hiding something by his expression. "I'm talking about your attitude! Why are you so nice all of a sudden?!"

"What? Can a teammate not be nice to another?" he states. "Well you haven't! Never! Not once! Now I want to know what you are doing!" He starts to give me that crooked smile of his and walks a little closer. He clearly wasn't taking this seriously.

"I'm not joking Ryan! NOW WHAT THE HELL ARE YO-" And that's when it happened. Before I could make another move he leans in and kisses me. Like seriously. HE KISSED ME! My first instinct was to pull away and slap him in the face, but something stopped me. His hand gently cupped my cheek and his lips moved softly against mine. What was happening? I thought we hated each other? He pulls away and I look up at him wide-eyed.

"That give you a reason?" he ask softly, caressing my cheek with his thumb. I don't say anything, I don't even nod my head. I just look at him, speechless. He slowly takes his hand away and walks toward the door.

"I hope you feel better." he days opening the door. "I'm sorry." That was all he said before he closed the door behind him. Now I'm left here, just staring at the door, frozen stiff, and trying desperately to figure out what just happened.

-----------------------------------

A/N: Hey hey! Sorry this is short. Had lots of school work to do :((

Anyway hope you are enjoying!!! Please comment and/or vote!! :D