Chapter 2

A year ago my house burnt down with my mum in it. I was over at the Baudelaire house hanging with violet, klaus and sunny when it happened. A officer came to the Baudelaire's house as I was leaving to go home and told me. "Miss Stewart im sorry to say but your mum died in a fire at your home" he said. It was like everything went to slow motion at that moment. I stumbled backwards into Klaus and cried in his arms and screamed and they let me and felt sorry for me. Ever since then I've lived with the Baudelaire's it was kinda fun but I missed my mum.
      Im kinda bored now just sitting in my room so I get up and put my book down and go to the library to see Klaus reading with his glasses on "ello klaus" I said skipping in "hey T what you doing" he asked setting his book down and throwing something i look over and Sunny caught it. I chuckled at them "i remember when Sunny was born you didn't like her very much now you 2 are as thick as theaves" I said crossing my arms smirking "well we all change don't we" Klaus said "not really" Violet said coming into the room to put a few books away "what do you mean" I asked taking the books from her because I know where all the books go. I got onto the latter and put some books away "well for an example ever since we were little you and Klaus have been like this" Violet said crossing her fingers "and well you guys still are so not everything changes" Violet explained "point" I said shrugging climbing down the latter "but also you have to know Vi me and Klaus always hang out that's why" I said going on the other side of the library to put more books away "not only do you two always hang out but you guys fall asleep in each other's rooms alote" vi added causing a bright blush on my cheeks "not alote" Klaus defended "oh really almost every night I look in your guys room to see if you guys are awake and you guys are in one of your rooms together cuddling sleeping with a book sitting on the side. So ha" Violet said I blushed and rolled my eyes playfully. "Im going into my room I'll talk to you guys later" I said putting the last book away "oh wait T I got you something" klaus said quickly standing up and walking over to a book shelve and pulled out a present "you got me a present?" I asked walking to him. He blushed but nodded I opened it to see "james and the giant peach" I said putting my finger over the title. My mom gave me the same book but it burned into the fire. My eyes got teary and I hugged Klaus tightly "what would I do without you" I mumbled in his neck. Klaus chuckled and let me go "thank you so much you have no idea" I said smiling up at him. He laughed and kissed my forehead I blushed and ran upstairs with my new book. Finally dinner came and we all went to eat Vi, klaus and Sunny mum and dad where out so we just snacked "Sunny here" I said and gave her a raw carrot to chew on which she enjoyed that. We watched movies that night and Sunny and Violet fell asleep on the couch and me and Klaus fell asleep on the floor somehow we ended up cuddling in the middle of the night. Not that im complaining.
     The next day I am in my room currently reading my book that my mum got me before she died well its not the exact one because it burned in the fire that's why klaus got me another "james and the giant peach" I had my fav dress on

       After a bit Someone knocked on my door "yes?" I asked and Klaus walked in I smiled widely and ran to him hugging him "well hi to you too" Klaus said smiling "sorry" I mumbled letting go of him. He chuckled and pulled me back towards him hugging me. I giggled as he let go "what you doing" Klaus asked "reading" I said jumping up and down then I walked over to my book and showed him. He laughed and nodded "again?" He said I just shrugged and nodded "come on. I wanted to know if you where coming with me and Vi, and Sunny to the beach" Klaus asked. I hm in thinking "maybe" I said my hands behind my back. Klaus gave me the really look making me laugh. "Come on then" I said grabbing klaus hand we walked downstairs and Violet and Sunny where waiting for us "took you long enough" Violet said "sorry" I said looking down then back up and realized Vi was looking at me and klaus hand so we pulled away fast blushing. "Anyway lets go then" I said brushing off the weird feeling "wait here just in case you guys get hungry" Helga said handing us a basket of food "thank you" we said then the kids said bye to their mum and we left. We got to the beach and ate some food while Violet made an invention "looks good Violet" I said to her as I held little sunny I love sunny me and her are like besties, Violet is my partner in crime, and Klaus well klaus he was my world most of the time anyway did he know that no. "Thanks T" she said and cranked the invention back to start it but it wasn't at the right angle I don't think "try turning it to the left a bit" I told her she did and when she tried it again it work. "Yes!" Me and violet said and high five. Sunny gurgled and we know what she said "you guys are weird" causing me and Vi to laugh. I looked over at klaus to see him skipping rocks. I looked at Vi and she took sunny "go" she whispered pointing to her brother. I blushed and nodded walking over to him "hey you okay" I asked standing be him "ya of course why wouldn't I be" Klaus said I shrugged "you looked sad I don't know" I said shrugging concerned for my friend. Klaus shook his head "im fine" He said throwing a rock into the water. I grabbed his hand stopping him from grabbing another "promise" I asked holding his arm rubbing it with 1 of my hands "ya promise" Klaus said then all of a sudden "ga!" Sunny said we looked at her when she said this meaning "look at the mysterious man from the fog" I frowned and me and klaus looked at each other and walked by Sunny and Violet. The man came in front of us and it was a banker I recognized as Mr.Poe "children im afraid your parents have perished in a fire" He announced. Klaus, Violet and Sunny didn't say anything as I cover my mouth with my hands in shock how it is my mum and their parents die for the same reason. I looked at my friends and Sunny looked at a bit sad but at the same time confused like she didn't know what was happening since she's a baby but at the same time she did, Violet looked like she was holding in tears, and Klaus just had a blank expression. "I'm afraid your gonna have to come with me children" Mr. Poe added.
   Mr. Poe took us to the remaining of the house. It looked like kinda how mine looked everything was gone burnt to ashes. We looked around and firemen where walking down the stairs. Violet had Sunny in her arms. I walked to the library with Klaus when we got there everything was gone the books, the shelves. I covered my mouth my book. My breathing hitched as I turned around to run upstairs but Klaus wrapped his arms around my waist stopping me instantly knowing it was ashes. My anxiety was going nuts that's the only thing I had of my mum and it was gone. Klaus pulled me away from the stairs and we walked back to the library and Klaus looked around sadly I held his arm and layed my head on his shoulder as he looked around I knew he was trying to not cry because he was always like that he always tryed to put a brave face on but I knew it was hard. "Im sorry Klaus" I muttered and moved my head up a bit and looked at his face. "Everything is gone" Klaus muttered I put my face in his neck as he looked around still. "I'll leave you alone for a bit" I mumbled and let go of him he didn't move nor say anything as I went to find Violet and Sunny. I found them in the dinning room well what was left I went up to Violet who had sunny in her arms and I hugged them "how are you" I asked as I pulled away. I could tell Vi was crying sunny probably didn't know what was happening. "Okay just hard you know" Violet muttered as she whipped her eyes "ya i know im sorry" I said and hugged them 1 last time.
   Mr. Poe took us to his car to see what he shall do with us I hope they don't split us up. I sat in the middle of Klaus and Violet Sunny on my lap playing with my hair. We sat in a banker place I think or lawyer place i don't know and waited for Mr.Poe. "Violet, Klaus, Sunny im so sorry" I told them sadly. Violet sadly smiled at me and Klaus looked at his hands playing with them then smiled at me a bit "thanks" they muttered. I sighed and looked at my hands playing with them. Mr. Poe came out and we got back into the car in our same spots "You Baudelaire's are going to go live with your dear cousin Count Olaf"
"We don't know a count olaf" Violet said confused "of course you do he was your cousin 3 times removed 4 times then your 4th cousin removed 5 times" Mr. Poe said I looked at him like he was crazy.  "Someone has been brainwashed" Sunny gurgled "sunny" Violet whispered yelled. He keep his eyes on the road "what about Tamara?" Klaus said confused "oh well we don't know yet we where thinking about sending her to an orphanage" Mr. Poe said my eyes widen ""NO!" Klaus and Violet yelled "well I supposed she can go with you kids that was the judge second idea" Mr. Poe said.
     We arrived at Count Olaf's house and it was beautiful. We stepped out and looked at the house in awe "oh hello children" a women said this must be her home "this is a beautiful house" I told her holding Sunny in my arms "oh thank you" She said "well you kids are welcome here anytime" She said "wait you don't live with Count Olaf" Klaus said confused "no he's.. He's my neighbor" she answered and looked behind us we turned around to see a scary house Sunny made a gurgling sound saying "lets sleep outside" I nodded "I agree Sunny" I muttered as we walked towards the house. Mr. Poe knocked on the door and the door opened a bit and closed causing me to back up and bit. "Entrood" A creepy voice said I looked at Klaus and Violet freaked out a bit. We entered the house and I almost barfed at the smell "hello, hello, hello. I am the beloved Count Olaf" A man said on the stairs. Sunny gulped in fear as he gave his weird introduction. I turned around to walk out the door but Klaus grabbed my arm stopping me I groaned in response and looked at the older man who was now in front of us. I noticed he had an eye on his ancle "you must be.." He stopped for a min and looked at his hand and back at Violet "Violet" He said putting his hand out for her to take. She looked hesitant "how do you do" she said and put her hand quickly on his hand then quickly pulled away as he closed his hand. "And you must be Klaus young Klaus, your left side is better" Olaf said grabbing Klaus face and turning it I went in front of Klaus that made Olaf let go of his face  "and you ah Thing hello my dear we shall get along just fine" Count Olaf said looking at me with and evil smirk I hid behind Klaus scared. "And what is this" Olaf asked pointing at Sunny in my arms "that's me and Klaus sister Sunny and are best friend Tamara" Violet said as Sunny baby talked again saying "im sunny". "I don't talk monkey" Olaf said and started making weird baby noises or trying to but it made him scarier "Im not a monkey" Sunny said in baby tone. Olaf then made weird noices and sunny said "wow" in her little baby voice then he turned to me "I remember you" Olaf muttered I widen my eyes in shock ya nope. "Why the sad faces" Olaf said standing up straight "are parents just died" Klaus said confused "no wait rerun say it again" olaf said "are parents just....died" Klaus said confused and more like a question as he looked at me and Vi. Olaf whipped around and did a dramatic face. I jumped at his actions "Mr. Poe i will raise these children as if they are wanted ill take that sacrifice" then made a weird noise "what do i sign for the fort- i mean children" olaf asked putting us close to him. The money he wants the money. "excuse me" Mr. Por asked then Olaf pretended to be nice but Mr. Poe left after a bit and Olaf showed us around "this is the living room, the kitchen I know what your thinking needs cleaning, entertainment room no ceiling your no afraid of heights are you imagine a monkey being afraid of heights" Olaf's laughed then we walked more "what's that" I asked looking up a staircase. Olaf turned around and did this weird thing where he stuck his eye out it looked like and leaned towards us "that is the tower don't go in it" he whispered my eyes widen. Then olaf turned around I looked at klaus and Violet to see thair reaction and it was basically the same as mine.Olaf got upstairs and pushed us in our room we shared "and this is your room goodnight" Olaf said pushing all of us in "but the sun is still out" Violet yelled after him but he mocked her slamming the door causing me to jump a bit. This reminded me of when sunny was 1st born for some reason.
*flash back*
"Ever since she was born its always sunny this sunny that" Klaus said as I sat in a chair reading a book "well klaus she was just born of course she's gonna be center of everything" I said changing the page. Klaus groaned in frustration. But by the time she was 6 weeks old they were as thick as theives. I walked into the room to see Sunny biting something for Klaus and them playing.
"I don't like this place" I muttered and put Sunny down. "We just have to make the best of it" Violet said. I frowned and nodded looking down "hey it will be fine besides we may not even be here for long" Klaus said to me I just nodded not talking. "Im gonna take Sunny to get dressed" Violet whispered and got up and walked into the little bathroom. Then my thoughts went to mum and my vision got a bit blurry but I shouldn't be crying Vi, Klaus and Sunny just lost there parents and Sunny didn't even make it to 5. I was to busy looking at the floor to notice a pair of arms wrapped around me and pulled me close it was Klaus. I hugged his waist and let a few tears fall as I hid my face in his shirt. I knew Klaus was crying to I could tell. Klaus put his chin on my head "I wanna go home" I cried "me too but hey at least we have each other" He muttered and let go of me I looked at Klaus face and he was crying harder then I was. I put my hand on his cheek and whipped his tears. I didn't realize how close we were. Then we started to lean in then Count Olaf danged on the door "go to sleep orphans" he yelled making me jump and turn towards the door. Vi came out with Sunny in here arms. I sighed and looked around the room "we should probably make stuff to sleep in" Violet said and looked around the room. We all layed down we got curtains down for Sunny a bed, then another Curtain as a hamrock like thing. Everyone was laying down Klaus on the bed and Violet in the hamrock and Sunny in her curtains I was sitting by the window looking outside I pulled a piece of wood off the window so I could see the stars. My legs where tucked in "Tamara what are you doing" Klaus said in a tired voice "oh sorry if I woke you" I mumbled "its okay you didn't, can't sleep?" He asked I shook my head "im scared to" I mumbled. Klaus moved over on the bed and made room for me. I got up on the bed and under the covered and turned my back to him as he spooned me. "I wont let anything happen to you I promise" I heard Klaus whisper then I fell asleep.
      In the morning we where rudely awaken by Olaf barging into the room "get up orphans here are your chores get them done." Olaf shouted and threw a list of chores at us then left. I sighed and looked at Klaus realizing how we slept I blushed a bit. I tried to get up but Klaus kept his whole body on me still spooning me. I giggled a bit "klaussss" I whined laughing "Tamarraaaa" He mocked me. "We have to get up" I said and put my hands in his brown hair. "I don't care I wanna be here with you all day" Klaus mumbled "omg please dont be all lovey dovey here there is a baby in the room" Violet said. I playfully rolled my eyes and got up from Klaus and looked at the list it was long "over 20 chores" I muttered so we got to work. Scrubbed dishes, the floors, walls, ect it was a mess. As we where on our knees scrubbing the floor Count olaf and a bunch of people walked in.