"You absolute dumb fuck! You have had that in for you for so long! You could have gotten lead poisoning." Jason ranted.

Roy laughed. "Sounds fucking awesome to me." He joked.

Jason snatched the tweezers and growled. "Give me those."

Roy gave Jason a look. 

"Stay put. Do not move." Jason said. He began to search for the bullet. Well he got it out, but it wasn't in all one piece. "Shit Roy... this is going to take longer. There is shrapnel in there."

"No Jason. Seriously stop." Roy pushed Jason away. 

"Roy you need to get the pieces out of of you." Jason said.

"No I don't." Roy said and stood up. 

Jason growled. "Roy you better sit your ass down." 

Roy was getting pissed. "No."

Desperate times called from desperate measures. Jason tackled Roy to the ground and had him pinned, where Roy couldn't get up, but also where Jason had a clear pathway to get to the wound. Roy couldn't really move since Jason had inhuman strength, a permanent side effect from the Lazarus Pit, so it was pretty easy now for Jason.

"Stay down Roy! Stop squirming!" Jason demanded as he grabbed the tweezers and began to pull out the shrapnel.

Roy hissed and was growing even more pissed. "Jason I swear to god!" Roy yelled.

"Just a few more pieces and you're done!" Jason yelled.

Roy was trying to fight, but was failing miserably. Jason had all his strength on him. When it was over, he was waiting to get up. "Jason the shit is out. Let me go."

"You don't do a great job at stitching yourself when it comes to your sides. When you do it, by yourself, it doesn't end well. I mean when you stitch your own side up, you end up tearing them up because you lost your focus on something so close." Jason said.

Roy growled and stayed still. 

Jason stitched Roy up and smiled. "See. All done."

Roy decided to make a stupid pun. "I didn't know you wanted to play doctor. Should have asked me when we were younger. Didn't know it was your favorite game."

Jason laughed and kissed Roy's stitches. "Well it is."

Roy fucking froze, tense as could be. Jason dismissed it and got up. Jason thought Roy was just tense because of the pain he caused on him, not from that small kiss. But that wasn't the case.

Jason sat down on the couch now. "So I heard North Woods Law was new last night. I recorded it last night. Want to watch? I know how you like to hunt and you always are happy when they make sure that the hunting and fishing was done in the correct way." Jason offered. "I know you are a red neck anyhow." Jason teased.

Roy stood up and shook his head. "No thanks." He said.

Jason wondered what was going. Roy never missed a night to see people get in trouble for not hunting or fishing properly. Roy usually loved watching some people getting arrested for illegal hunting, crossing property lines, and so much more. It was funny to him, especially when they got to arrest drunk people. 

Roy grabbed the top of his suit and his supplies. He was silent and his face was a tad red, just a tad. He didn't make eye contact with Jason.

"Hey, did I make you upset? Roy, you know I don't mean those words right?" Jason tried to clarify. "I was just joking about calling you those names." Roy usually wasn't this sensitive, and now he was refusing to look at him.

Roy nodded. "I know you don't." He said. "I'm just tired Jaybird." He said and grabbed a bottle water. "I am going to lay down."

Jason was confused. "I'm sorry."

"No, I know you are." Roy said. "Calm down dude. I am just tired."

"Then how come you aren't looking at me?" Jason asked.

Roy sighed. "Just brooding on something disturbing on the past. I don't want to talk about it. I want to sleep." He said.

"Okay then." Jason said in a soft voice. Jason was a bit concerned. 

"See you when I'm awake." Roy said and went to his room. He kicked off his boots and took off the rest of his suit. Then he laid down on his bed. He was a stomach sleeper, so he laid down on his stomach. The left side of his face was in the pillow.

Roy liked that kiss on his stitches, but... he shouldn't like it should he? And when Jason said the words, "Roy, you know I don't mean those words right?" it hit him kind of hard. Roy knew Jason was referring to the name calling. But Roy felt like he would hear those words if Jason was to say that he cared, romantically, for him. He envisioned Jason playing a card saying that he loved him, then joking saying it was all a lie.

"You're just a friend to him." Roy whispered silently to himself. "Don't make it complicated."