Darceria turned her head away from him to listen to the assassin walk around the table. He was going for Lord Amaury. Geralt saw this and stood up but Darceria's hand squeezed his arm.

"No, not yet."

"He's going to-,"

"He's just going to talk to Amaury. He isn't going to do anything." Darceria shook her head gently. Geralt sighed through his nose and returned to his seat.

"Ah! Thomasin." Amaury greeted the man sent to kill him. "It's so good that you made it, dear brother!"

Geralt turned his head to Darceria. He refrained from letting out a sigh. Thomasin was Amaury's younger brother.

"You didn't say the assassin was Amaury's brother."

"I didn't know." Darceria shook her head. Her ability didn't grant her the knowledge of knowing exactly every little detail of future events. She only knew the important things. "All I saw was him killing Amaury."

The witcher grunted.

Zephyrina sat down in the empty chair next to Darceria, and Jaskier took the seat on the other side of Zephyrina. The two laughed at something Darceria hadn't paid attention to.

"It sounds like you two are having a grand evening." Darceria turned her head to look to her raven haired friend.

"Jaskier is a decent dancer." Zephyrina giggled softly.

"Decent?" Jaskier mockingly clutched his chest. "I can't believe you'd say such a thing."

"How about you two?" She rolled her eyes at the bard, a smile playing on her lips as she looked to Darceria. "Is the silent witcher good company?"

"I prefer silent company to loud company." Darceria stated. She picked up her chalice and moved the remaining liquid around inside the cup.

"Why don't you take her dancing, Geralt?" Zephyrina suggested, leaning around Darceria's chair to look at the witcher. "She's a rather good partner."

Darceria's eyes widened and her hand that remained in her lap curled around the material to her dress. Sometimes her friend's bluntness caught her by surprise.

"I don't dance." Geralt's voice was deep and low.

"Oh, I don't believe you." Zephryina shook her head.

"Zephyrina, leave him be." Darceria told her. "I don't want to dance."

"I don't think I've properly met your friend." Jaskier was turned to face Zephyrina, one of his elbows resting on the table.

"Oh, where are my manners?" Zephryina put her drink down. "Jaskier, this is Darceria. Darceria, this is Jaskier. He's the witcher's bard."

Without warning, Darceria stood to her feet and moved around the table. Zephyrina furrowed her eyebrows together, watching the redhead.

"Did I say something?" Jaskier asked Zephryina.

"No, you didn't. She just has her moments." She sighed gently.

Gerlat kept his eyes on Darceria, unsure of what she was doing. She moved around the table to where Thominson was leaning against the table next to Amaury. She was moving straight for Thominson. What was she doing?

Geralt stood to his feet and hastily moved after her. His large strides made it easier to catch up to the woman. Before he could reach her, she bumped into Thominson with enough force to spill the drink in his hand all over the front of his clothes.

"Fuck!" He cursed, turning to face whoever had caused the mess. "What the hell do you think you're doing, woman?"

"I'm so sorry, good sir." Darceria's eyebrows drew together with feighned worry. "I-I didn't know you were standing there."