Lessons Pt. 2 ~ Obi-Wan Kenobi

Start from the beginning

"Fire."

Was all I could make out.

"What?!" I yelled out seeing the cannon shot fly towards Obi-Wan.

My eyes widened as I ran towards then stopped in front of a hole in the ground. I turned to look at the clones. They all held their guns up to me. My eyes widened as I instinctively backed away from them. My foot slipped behind me, my weight falling back as I fell down the hole. I screamed before I slammed into water. Someone tugged on my robe sleeve, pulling me out of the meditation. I quickly turned around.

"Master (L/n), Master Yoda wants to speak with me and you." A small voice spoke, I glanced down seeing Rylan holding my sleeve.

"Oh, alright. Thank you." I said softly and she nodded, walking with me towards the small meeting room we had for the council.

"Are you alright Rylan?" I asked, not knowing if the unease I felt was me or her.

It might've been a mixture of both. She was a child, going to present herself in front of the council. Me, I'm going to stand in front of the council and try to hide the fact that I had done one of the most unspeakable things a Jedi could ever do. Obi-Wan and I could both be expelled from the order if they found out. My throat started burning as I felt throw up start to come up. The thought of Obi-Wan being expelled was sickening to me. He had worked his whole life for this, and so have I but he took it very personally. The fact that we were even doing anything with each other was surprising to me. I pulled my fingers slightly under my robes, trying not to make Rylan worry. I stopped in front of the door and inhaled before opening the door. Multiple Jedi sat in chairs. Obi-Wan stood in the middle and turned back to look at me. I bowed my head slightly, walking next to him.

"You wanted to speak with me?" I said softly, looking back up at the masters.

Yoda looked at me.

"We have decided to assign you a padawan Master (L/n)." Master Windu said.

I blinked.

"Master are you sure? I'm still training myself." I stammered out.

Standing next to him made all my nerves go crazy. I felt like I was sweating bullets but I knew I wasn't.

"Hmmm, unease I sense in you, Master (L/n). On your mind what is?" Yoda spoke out, no one answering my question.

I glanced down at Rylan who was staring at the floor.

"I um have been having a vision of the clones turning against Obi-Wan and I. It lead to both of our deaths." I lied.

Well I guess I didn't, that vision did make me worry but not as much as what happened earlier. My body shook slightly from the anxiety swelling up in my chest. I watched as the multiple masters faces contorted into worry and concern. Something grabbed onto my robe tightly, I glanced down seeing Rylan holding onto it, I could sense the fear coming off of her.

"Dont worry young one. We'll be alright." Obi-Wan spoke out against all the masters murmuring.

Rylan nodded, her grip slowly loosening from my robe.

"As for our previous decision, Master Kenobi and I both think you are ready to take on training a padawan." Mace Windu said shifting the conversation. He made a motion towards Rylan. " This youngling will start training under you."
Rylan's eyes widened.

"T-Thank you Master Windu!" She exclaimed.

He smiled and nodded at the small girl. "Go back to your studies padawan. Master (L/n) will start training you tomorrow."

And with that, Rylan ran out of the room. Her face beaming with happiness. I smiled softly as she closed the door.

"About this vision Master (L/n), when did it occur?" Master Windu asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

I nodded. "Today, I was meditating before Rylan came to get me. She snapped me out of it." I said softly, Obi-Wan shifted in his step.

My stomach churned as I watched Yoda furrow his eyebrows at me. God this was terrifying. I glanced at Obi-Wan, he seemed as calm as ever. Had he done this before? Why was he so calm?

"We'll take into consideration this vision you had." Master Plo Koon said to me.

I nodded.

"You are dismissed." Master Windu said to me, moving his hand.

I bowed my head again slightly.

"Thank you Masters." I spoke softly before walking out of the room.

My heart pounded in my chest as I closed the door behind me. I let out a shaky breath. I turned on my heel and walked back towards the library. I just needed to calm myself down and maybe I could get more answers for what I saw.

Obi-Wan's POV

I blinked as (Y/n) walked out. She was so nervous, I'm surprised that none of the other masters said anything about it.

"Master Kenobi."

I looked up Yoda. "Yes?"

"Too close, your relationship with Master (L/n) is." He spoke sternly.

That fake facade of calmness I had just shattered. My heart stopped after those words.

"What do you mean? We're just friends." I said trying to shake off the comment.

"We gave her a padawan to try to occupy her more. You two have been getting too close," I opened my mouth to yell at them but I quickly closed it.

"And I'd hate to lose one if the best Jedis the order has." Mace Windu said.

I bowed my head slightly. "Yes Masters."

My heart sunk as I said those words. He nodded and I slowly walked out of the room.