Under The Street Light

Start from the beginning

Why the hell would she care?

"Ethics don't really exist in Gotham anymore..I'm not saying that clown is a hero.. but I'm not saying he's a villain either.." She took another drag. "He's just human."

"Human..." Arthur scoffed, running a hand through his wet hair. "Yeah.."

At least she had a neutral opinion on him.

"So.. how much do you charge?" He suddenly asked, taking the prostitute off guard for a moment. She quickly covered her shock with a smirk.

"Usually fifty per hour.. but.." She looked him up and down. "I'll give you half off, just cause you look like you need a break." She flicked her finished cigarette to the ground and snuffed it out with her boot. She made her way over to Arthur and rubbed a hand on his chest. "You live near by?" He nodded. "Promise you won't murder me?"

He seemed to give a genuine chuckle at that. Thank God she had a sense of humor.

"I would never want to hurt a beautiful creature like you." He said, reaching up and caressing her arm. She was cold to touch, at first making him ponder if she was real. Then he realized that she must have been freezing out here.

"Lead the way, kitten."

-------

Arthur opened the door to his apartment, gesturing for her to walk in first. She thanked him for holding the door for him and walked in. She kept her guard up just in case of anything but seemed to feel welcome in the flat. Once she heard the door close and lock she turned to face Arthur. He seemed like a zombie, functioning slowly without an conscious. She had seen these kind of men before.

Shortly after paying for her services, they usually blew their brains all over the bedroom walls.

Sometimes with her still in bed.

She had seen a lot of sad men end their demise, renting her to have one more night of passionless love before ending their pathetic lives. And sadly it seemed like Arthur would be one of them. However, unlike those men, she saw it in his eyes. He still had passion for life, whether he believed it or not. He hadn't completely given up. She could tell that maybe this was his way of calling out for help, to see if there was still something left for him. It was sad but she had seen it before.

"So, kitten. Is this your first time?" She asked, crossing her arms. Arthur looked at her, a bit embarrassed. He bashfully nodded, shifting his stance. The whore chuckled and walked over to him. She reached up and wrapped her arms around his neck. Arthur melted into her touch, it being so long since he had felt someone's touch, especially a woman's. "There's nothing to be ashamed of, we all started off as virgins at one point." She leaned up and pecked his lips. "You just wanted to save yourself for someone special." She smiled, batting her lashes at him. "I'm glad I can be that special someone."

Arthur leaned down and kissed her softly, the desire to be loved overwhelming him.Her lips were warm, welcoming him. It was real. He never thought he would be sharing his first kiss with a girl of the night. He must have been really desperate. The woman groaned in the kiss, pressing her body against his. Arthur wrapped his arms around her, pulling her closer. He always imagined himself losing his virginity to a woman he loved; like a wife or something. Not to some stranger. Christ, he didn't even know her name. Did he need to?

"Shall we take this to the bedroom?" She asked, her lipstick smudged a bit. Arthur nodded, grabbed her hand and leading her to his late mother's room. The woman looked around the house as he led her through it, noticing how the wallpaper and most of the furniture was rather... feminine. A woman must have lived here. Not a wife. He had admitted to being a virgin. Perhaps his mother. She didn't see anyone else in the house. The mother must not be here anymore. It would explain the sadness in Arthur's eyes. He's in mourning.