Ash Covered Thighs

Arthur is hospitalized after the chaos he created the night Joker was born. Arthur is no more, all that remains is Joker and his eyes are set on a nurse that helps to sedate him at Arkham Asylum☆

Warning: Mature as always

----

"Arthur?"

Joker's eyes glanced up from the smoke of his cigarette to meet his doctor's gaze. She was staring at him with an uneasy expression. His fits of laughter made her uncomfortable, now more than ever since he seemed calmer than usual.

"What's so funny?" She asked, an obvious tense in her voice. Joker's gaze fell to the floor as his leg started to spaze into a anxious tap against the tile.

"Just a joke I remembered.." He stated. Remembering the night of the riots. So much destruction because of him. So much chaos.

"Do you want to tell it to me?" His doctor asked, her fingers tapping on her desk. Joker didn't say anything for a moment, making her anxiety rise.

Joker could remember that night so vividly. The bullet between Murray's eyes. The sound of tires screeching against pavement and metal tearing onto metal. The lack of gravity for a split moment when the ambulance hit the police car. The blood in his mouth. The crowd cheering him to stand and claim Gotham for himself. He remembered it all.

"You wouldn't get it.." He stated, lifting the cigarette to his mouth again, breathing in its toxic fade. His mother always told him that smoking would kill him. Not fast enough apparently.

Joker's doctor shifted in her seat, not quite sure how to respond or how to get another word from her patient. When he was brought in he didn't say a word. He didn't laugh until now. Why now.

"Arthur?"

Her mistake to have his hands bound would have been her dismise if she hadn't had a coworker wall by once Joker lunged at her.

He went to strangle her, his nails digging into her neck as he did so. Her wretched screams caught the attention of security. They barged in and ripped the crazed man off of the doctor, calling for help to sedate him.

A few nurses ran in, accompanying doctors that held Joker back. They ordered one of them to sedate him. One nurse in particular was prepared and stuck the needle in Joker's neck, sending the calming drug into his blood stream. Before Joker fell into a limp high, he caught a glimpse of the nurse with the needle.

She had been a bit roughed up during his tantrum, her hair falling out of the well kept bun she had. She was breathing heavily as she watched him relax in security's hold. Joker would make sure to not forget her face. He grinned at her before blacking out.

"Thank you, Miss _____.." The doctor said to her, a sign of appreciation. _____ nodded, disposing of the used needle and rushing out of the room to quickly fix her uniform and hair.

---

Joker sat in the main lounge with a handful of patients. He watched them as they either shared enoucnters with each other or kept to themselves. Joker talked his foot against the floor, his eyes trailing around the large room. Security and workers stood at all entrances and exits. He would have no where to flee to. He had to be a good boy and behave for now.

He didn't forget the nurse that managed to sedate him. At first he wanted to bash that pretty face against the nearest wall for the pain in the neck she caused him. But bitterness calmed and instead he was intrigued by her.