Brace for Impact

Depuis le début

"Someone back her up, those ice blades aren't gonna last much longer!" I told my team.

"On it!" Etsuki teleported beside Wintria, grabbed her, and teleported right back to us.

I kept firing at the White Fang, only to be outgunned and was forced to take cover.

"I'm pinned, Ruby is still out there!" I yelled.

"I got it, cover me!" Yang launched herself using Ember Celica.

Doing as told, I provided enough covering fire for her to reach Ruby in time and send the White Fang flying. I sigh in relief and turned my attention to my badly beaten teammate.

"You holding up?" I asked concerned at her current state.

"Would've probably not lasted any longer if you guys didn't show up." she smiled meekly.

"Your face." Etsuki gently placed her hand on Wintria's cheek. "That orange haired bastard is gonna pay."

Team RWBY made their way to us, and I pulled Ruby into an embrace.

"I'm glad both of you are alright." I said hugging her tighter.

"I'm fine, I'm fine, But listen!" she said breaking off the hug. "I already told them what happened, but Torchwick has all kinds of weapons and robots down there."

"Apparently they got a hold of Atlas grade technology." Weiss added.

"Where are they located?" Blake asked in a serious tone.

"They're all loaded up in train cars." Ruby explained.

"Ahhhh, that's ridiculous." Dr. Oobleck intervened. "These tunnels are sealed, the tracks lead to a dead-end."

As if on queue, Roman spoke through the intercom telling the White Fang that they're leaving.

"Well," Yang spoke up. "It sounds like they're going somewhere."

"We should probably call for backup." Perseus suggested.

"Don't bother, there's no signal down here." I look at my scroll.

"So, what do we do?" Weiss asked.

"I believe we only have one option..." Dr. Oobleck fixed his glasses.

"We're stopping that train!" Ruby said determined.

We went after the train as it began picking up speed, with one big jump, we safely got on the last train car as we ran out of platforms to run on.

"I think one of them spotted us." Wintria said about strike. "I'll handle it-"

Dr. Oobleck smacked the White Fang member in the head with his weapon, instantly knocking him out. We follow his lead on top of the train.

"Hurry, children!" He took point. "We must get to the front and stop this train!"

"Um... Professor?" Weiss said in a worried tone.

"Doctor..." he corrected her.

"What's that?" she pointed down into a hatch.

Dr. Oobleck kneeled down to take a look.

"That my dear... appears to be a bomb." he casually answered.

We all flinch back from the hatch, except for the professor.

"We've got baddies!" Ruby pointed forward.

About a dozen White Fang members rushed onto the top of the train.

"Well, I didn't expect them to go-" Dr. Oobleck was cut off as the bomb began beeping. "-easy on us... Time to go!"

He quickly stood up, and we ran towards the next car.