Chapter 2: 'At one cost'

As soon as Tony saw the young woman got down to the lab with Bruce, his skin itched to find out who she was. She couldn't be who Bruce was to teach, right? It was supposed to be a boy, right?

   Though, Tony kept his composure and waited in the lounge, Bruce was bound to introduce you at some point, but, when he noticed Bruce leave the lab about an hour later, no woman behind him, might he add, Tony's curiosity got the best of him. Quietly, he made his way down to the lab, grinning as he saw the young woman with (h/c) hair, her back facing him.

    "Well, well, well, what's a pretty thing like you doing down here?" He spoke cheekily, watching as the woman turned to look at him over her shoulder before rolling her eyes. "Not very talkative, are we?" No reply. To catch the girl's attention, he went to placed a hand softly on her waist, but it seemed she noticed and she slapped his hand away.

"Leave me alone." God, her voice was as sweet as honey, was the first thought that came into Tony's mind.

"At one cost." Tony replied, sitting down in a chair and placing his head in his hands, looking up innocently. With another roll of her eyes, she glanced at Tony, raising her brow. "Give me a name."

The woman smirked. "(Y/n). (Y/n) (y/l/n)." She replied.

    Tony mirrored her smirk before turning to the screen she was working on. He titled his head, alpha radiations, he read. His eyes moved to another tab you had opened. Beta radiations, given off by a helium nuclei? "That's not correct."

   "I thought you said you'd leave me alone." (Y/n)'s (e/c) eyes met his as he stood up, deciding not to reply to her statement and continue to gaze at the screen. "I was surprised as well when Bruce told me, but, apparently it's not... wrong."

    "Alpha radiations are given off by a helium nuclei." Tony began. "It's impossible that-."

    "Not necessarily, at least hypothetically." The woman cut him off. "My theory is that with some alernations, and somehow managing to react a beta particle with an alpha particle, along with placing an aluminum plate between the reactor, it can give an unusual result."

    Tony's eyes narrowed. "Are you sure you're the genius everyone was talking about?"

    The woman glared at him. "No, but I'm pretty sure you're the asshole everyone talks about."

"Stark, what're you doing here?" Fury's voice abruptly filled the lab.

"It's my lab, I can do whatever the hell I want here." Tony said, crossing his arms.

Bruce followed right behind Fury, who rolled his eyes. "He didn't bother you, right?" Bruce asked, causing the billionaire to scoff.

    "Not as much as I expected." Was all you replied. "Anyways, lets get to work, yeah?" Bruce smiled, nodding.

"Stark, you found anything?" Fury asked.

Tony shook his head. "Nothing. Unless, that is, you tell me who gave you that 'tip', it may help. Your theory seems far fetched." Tony replied, and he instantly saw (y/n) tense. Speaking of which, he thought. "You might wanna tell your little pet that her theory is far fetched as well. Helium nuclei giving off beta radiations, my ass."

    (Y/n) glared at Tony while he scoffed, turning her head to Bruce, who only spoke in her favour. "It may be far fetched, but it doesn't say it's impossible."

    The (h/c) haired girl's lips quirked up in a small smirk and her tongue peeked out to lick her lips. "You were saying, Stark?"

    Tony glared daggers into Bruce's head, a frown on his lips. "I see you're taking side with your pet. Not a day and she's already got you on her side."

    Bruce sighed. "She has a good theory, there may some things that could change along the way, but it won't hurt to try."

    "Yeah, you're just jealous you didn't get to teach her, or else you'd be a puppy panting and agreeing to everything she'd say." Fury said with a chuckle, earning a dirty look from Tony.

   "Please, me? Panting over her? You're delusional." Tony said, rolling his eyes.

    "Mhm, now get your useless ass to work." Fury ordered, nodding his head towards the large blue screen.

    "I can't find anything!" Tony exclaimed. "I can't break that damn firewall either!"

    "So, you're telling me you're trying to break through Hydra's firewall?" (Y/n) suddenly said, an amused look on her face.

    "No, I was trying to climb it!" Tony said sarcastically.

    "Gee, why didn't I think of that." (Y/n) retorts, walking up to the screen. "You really think Hydra is stupid enough not to have some sort of alert or something if you even did break into the firewall?"

    Tony's mouth opened, but he closed it and then opened it, and then closed it again.

    "Exactly." You respond to the man who looked like a fish out of water. "Did you try and find a loophole?"

    Tony felt heat rise to his cheeks as embarrassment washed over him. "I-I was gonna-gonna do that, I'm no idiot."

    "Tony Stark, stuttering?" Fury laughed. "I never thought that would be possible, good job (y/l/n)."

    A chuckle left (y/n)'s lips as she winked light heartedly, going back to her work.

    "So, aren't you gonna go find that loophole?" Fury questioned, raising an eyebrow.

    "What?" Tony said, lost in his thoughts as he gazed at you walking away.

    "You know, the loophole you were planning to find?"

    "Oh, yeah, yeah, of course." The billionaire said, sitting down in his chair. "Damn that girl."

    "Stop day dreaming about the girl, Stark, get to work."

    Tony grumbled as he rolled his eyes. "I wasn't day dreaming, definitely not of that minx."

    "I heard that!" The honey like voice said.

     "You were supposed to!" Tony called back, clenching his jaw. I'll get you back, (y/l/n), trust me.