Setting The Facts Straight

Start from the beginning

He was referring to a video I filmed of Hannah and me dancing.

"People called her names again, but that seemed usual at that point."

"What about you? What did people tell you?"

"They said it was funny. I looked good. My body looked good."

"No further questions at this point your honour" he went to his seat.

Sonya got up "Ella Walker. Is Bryce Walker, your cousin?"

"Yes"

"He's in charge of the school, right?"

"I guess...I don't know. Wass that a correct response?

"You dated Jeff Atkins star baseball player?"

"Yes," I looked down at my hands.

"Relevance?" Dennis asked.

"Trying to understand the students and situations. Defence exhibit F" she walked back to her desk then placed a paper in front of me.
"Were you and Hannah friends up until she took her life?"

"No"

"When did the friendship end and why?"

"October 2017. I lost my boyfriend in September, and I started overdosing on anti-depressants and pain killers I became wild... we just grew apart."

"I see. Can you read what's on the paper please?"

(It's the last conversation between Ella and Hannah. I'll put Hannah's text in bold, so you guys don't get confused)

I looked at the paper and sighed. 

"Ella, what's wrong with you? Why are you acting this way?" I paused. I don't remember this conversation then again...I don't remember much from then.

"How am I acting? I'm freaking great. Your not! Just because Jeff died, it doesn't mean you can be a bitch and forget everyone else exists." I gasped. How could she say that?

"You know what fuck you, Hannah. Fuck you! The world doesn't revolve around you stop making everything about you. He was my boyfriend! Mine!" I started tearing up. She brought another paper.

"Read that one too."

"I never said the world revolved around me, but I need you right now, but you rather cry and get high over some guy they come and go Ella. Friends stay forever" how could she say that about Jeff he was my friend way before her too.

"Fine, I don't need you. I have Sheri" I felt my voice break. I looked up, and we made eye contact; she had tears in her eyes. "And Alex and Bryce and Justin I don't need you to live" I wiped my face. "Yeah, Sheri. Fuck you, Ella. You think your perfect and better than me because your parents are rich and you live in a big house. Your fake! Your friends, are fake too oh and guess what your dad-" I stopped talking and threw up.

Everyone gasped and started talking and freaking out. "Order! Order in the court! A twenty minutes recess will be held!" I heard the judge pounding his gavel. I threw up some more "Thirty minutes. We will be moving to another room, if Ms Walker is not better she will not be allowed to testify for the rest of the day" someone helped me out of the booth.

My mom held on to me, "Where's the bathroom?" She asked. I felt my dad left me up, and they quickly got me to the bathroom.
I threw up some more in the toilet then my mom gave me mouthwash. I heard the door open.

"Hi I know I'm the last-" my mom cut her off. "Sheri please I don't think-"

"Mom it's okay I want to hear what she has to say," I spoke up, leaning against the sink top. "I know I'm the last person you want to talk to right now, but I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything. I killed Jeff, and I watched you spiral out of control and didn't stop you" I observed her face in case she was lying.