"Wendy!" Mabel cheerfully greeted the cashier.

"Oh, hey!" Patrick exclaimed with excitement. "You came."

"Dude, I'm so stoked about this," Wendy remarked, replacing her helmet with her trademark lumberjack hat. "I've been wanting to do more adventures with you guys. Sure as hell beats picking up after my dad at home." She dismounted her bike and gave him a friendly punch on the arm as she passed by. "Thanks for the invite, man!"

Starting to get flustered, Patrick laughed nervously. "Of course, anytime you wanna.. I, we're always happy to have...friends with us," he said, as he started flustering and looked depressed.

"Uh oh!" Not noticing how sad her cousin looked, Mabel poked Patrick in the side. Dipper just looked blankly up at his cousin. "Inviting Wendy on our mission? Me thinks there's romance afoot!"

But Patrick sighed sadly and looked down at her with a frown. "No, Mabel, I'm...I'm giving up on Wendy," he said. But he sounded less like he was admitting to the truth, but more like he's admitting defeat and lying to himself. "I've thought this through and I realized that it was never going to work. I've looked at it from every angle, and that thing was going nowhere. Besides, she only sees me as a friend. Nothing more.

"Hah! You're over Wendy?! Allow me to put on my 'skepticals.'" Mabel said, skeptically and made circles around her eyes with her fingers. "Whooop!"

"So that's it then?" Dipper asked. "Patrick, why not just tell Wendy how you feel about her? Who knows, maybe she likes you too. I mean, she did kiss you."

"Yes, that's right! She did kiss you-" Patrick quickly clamped his hand on Mabel's mouth as she still kept on her 'skepticals'.

Patrick looked at Wendy and Soos for if she heard him. But the cashier and handyman were still scanning and checking out the metal tree. "For all I know, that kiss was just a mistake she didn't mean to make," he said, but it was more of him trying to convince himself. "I've moved on, guys. You should too." He walked past them.

The twins looked at one another. Dipper seemed to accept his cousin's decision and walked over to join the others. But Mabel looked determined to have the last say on the matter. "'Skepticals...'"

When Patrick joined Wendy at the bottom of the tree, she pointed up to the top of the tree. "Hey, is it just me, or does that branch kinda look like a lever?" she asked. The Pines teenager stared up at the branch she was talking about and saw that it indeed looked like a lever. It was as if it was painted to match the color of the tree trunk and he could make out the screws

"Huh, yeah," Dipper said, turning his back on the tree to ponder over a plan. "But how do we get up there...?"

As he started mumbling to himself about 'ladder shoes', as if they were an actual thing. Patrick and Wendy looked at one another before the redhead lazily grinned and the black-haired boy smirked with a nod. Wendy took off her belt, wrapping it around the tree, and skillfully started using it to climb up. Patrick stood back and watched her as she reached the lever-branch. She reached behind with her left hand and pulled her ax out of her belt. Swinging it around after a flick of the wrist and then hitting the lever with the dull end. Knocking it upwards with a loud clunk.

She sent down a satisfied smirk at the amazed group, excluding Patrick, who looked impressed. "Boosh."

"Impressive," Patrick said with a grin as the others showed their own awe at her success.

"Oh yeah, my dad used to make me compete in these lumberjack games when I was a kid. Guess I kinda ruled at it," Wendy said with a humble shrug. Suddenly the entire tree began shaking violently. The birds perched on it flew away. "Whoa, what is that?" Suddenly her grip on her belt loosened and she started falling down. Screaming frightfully.