16- Call me basic

Start from the beginning

"Tell me about it." I mutter.

There's an awkward silence and I refuse to break it. She turns on music and Tootsie Slide by Drake comes on.

"So how is Daniel Kane and your relationship going?" She asks out of the blue. I turn my head to glance at her. She meets my eyes with a tiny smile.

"Good. I think we're going really well."

"Great!" She say too cheerfully. "You know me and him went out for a couple months."

I go ridged in my seat. I turn to look at her and find her looking straight ahead. Daniel never mentioned this to me....EVER! Why do I have to hear this from the girl he was spending most of his time with at the cabin?

I let out an weary sigh. "No I didn't." I dig my nails into my thigh trying to not say something stupid.

Maybe I'm overreacting.

But maybe I'm not!

I'm not pissed at Rena. I'm just frustrated that Daniel didn't tell me they dated.

"It was only for six months. Half a year." Rena speaks up. "We would argue all the time about petty shit, we definitely went perfect for each other. Please don't be mad." She adds with a guarded smile.

I let out another sigh and turn my head to look out the window. We made it to the Mall that is packed with cars. "I'm not mad. Just surprised."

"Maybe I could tell you a few things that he loves and hates?" She tucks her blonde hair behind her ear with a hopeful smile.

"Sure."

We exit the Jeep and walk side by side. "Well he loves dogs. He has three dogs.....I forgot their names though." I giggle as she goes in a deep thought. "He hates any ice cream besides old fashion vanilla." I smile thinking of our first date. He was appalled when I order chocolate.

We enter the Guess store and start shopping for tops. "He likes DC over Marvel any day. He will go on about how DC is so much better. Also he likes to.....cuddle." I hum in amusement.

"How about the things he hates?" I question as I hold up a pink crop top to myself.

"Well he absolutely hates country music and books. He REALLY hates poetry! I quoted him some from a book, and he made a sour lemon face." Rena holds at least 12 items in her hand.

"Ready to check out?" I ask with a raised eyebrow. She nods as we dump the clothes in a green basket.

We head into the food court for some Chinese food. I order Sweet and Sour Chicken with noodles. Rena ordered chicken stuffed egg rolls with rice.

We finish and go into a few more stores. "I can't believe we have to do that fucking English project! I suck at English!" Rena goes into a full ranting mode.

"I know. It sucks ass. If you need help with English you could always ask me." I offer her help. Rena seems like a nice down to earth kinda' girl. At first I thought she was bratty, but I guess people change in a matter of days.

Or maybe my judgment of her was wrong?

Nah, I'm always right!

Most of the time.

By the time we're done spending moolah, it's dark and chilly out. Rena drives me to my house while we sing to the radio.

"I don't fuck with you!
You little stupid ass bitch, I ain't fuckin' with you!"
You little. You little dumb ass bitch I ain't fuckin' with you!
I got a million trillion things that I rather fuckin' do!"

We scream Big Sean lyrics like mental cases.

"Nice house." Rena comments. I thank her for the girl time and the ride.

I unlock the door to see Asher and his friend, Sam, on the couch playing the PlayStation like always.

"Hey Ash."

"Shut up, Har. Your going to make me die." Asher responds with a rude tone. I wince internally. He's been acting like a little bitch for a while now. I don't know what's going on with him, but I'm about to beat him to a pulp.

I trudge up the stairs, into my room and text my mom. She is working a night shift at the hospital.

Mom-
Text me when your home.

Har-
I'm home! Asher is being a little shit tho :,(

Mom-
Yeah well he's your brother.

I let out a unladylike snort. My mom is something else. I take a shower and change into an onesie. I get in bed and soon sleep consumes me.

Yo thanks for reading! Is everyone surviving the Virus??? 🌺🌺🌺

••Yo thanks for reading! Is everyone surviving the Virus??? 🌺🌺🌺

^Soo fuckin' relatable!!!!