Chapter Thirty-Nine: Snow-Filled Evening

Start from the beginning

"What?" Sasuke grumbled as he continued to walk.

"Where are ya going this early, Sasuke-teme? What, you're ditching Sakura-chan now?"

Sasuke frowned and tried to ignore Naruto who was now walking beside him. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Hey, let's grab breakfast." Naruto put his arm on Sasuke's shoulder and Sasuke shook it off a little too violently.

"No,"

"Come on. My stomach is growling, can't you hear it?" Naruto asked over dramatically and Sasuke just ignored him.

"Come on Sasuke-teme, I know you're hungry."

It's still early in the morning but Sasuke's last nerve had magically vanished as he suppress his annoyance, halting to face Naruto.

"Hey dobe. Aren't you married? Isn't your wife suppose to cook breakfast? Aren't you suppose to eat breakfast that your wife cooked? Why are you even pestering me?"

Naruto froze as he looked at Sasuke before blinking and raising his arms in mock surrender. "Woah calm down, Sasuke. I'm just messing with you."

"I'm in no mood to tolerate you," Sasuke said before walking again. Naruto quickly caught up to him and noticed the scroll he was holding.

"You're going to Kakashi-sensei?"

Sasuke hummed silently as he felt that he spoke way too much with that last statement when he should've remained his cool composure and ignored Naruto like always.

When Sasuke arrived at the Hokage's office, of course with Naruto trailing behind because he insisted on coming, Kakashi was sitting on his desk with a pen signing some papers as he was on the verge of dozing off.

"Kakashi-sensei!" Naruto said a little too loudly as Kakashi almost jumped in his seat and his eyes are wide as saucers.

He blinked and shook off his surprise stricken face with a straight and bored look he always give everyone. Sasuke passed the scroll to Kakashi who caught it just in time before it hit him straight on the face.

"It's a scroll from the temple in another dimension. The Chief said there are several scrolls and I suspect they are scattered around the dimensions made by Kaguya Otsutsuki," Sasuke explained as Kakashi's eyes skimmed the content of the scroll that Sasuke has yet to check.

After a few seconds of silence, Kakashi looked up. Sasuke and Naruto expecting him to say something about the message on the scroll.

"Yeah, I can't read it," he said as he placed the scroll on his desk.

Naruto and Sasuke walked towards the desk and before Sasuke could take it, Naruto beat him to it. He tried to read what was written on the scroll, Naruto even spin the scroll upside down but his frown only deepens.

"What the hell is this language?" Naruto looked at it closely and Sasuke just sighed before snatching the scroll from his hands.