Past Is Prologue

13
Past Is Prologue
Season One: Episode 6

Calvin blinked and he was back there. Knee-deep into his old mattress. Back in that haunted house. "Shit," He cursed himself.

The sheets that had been stained with Gar's blood were gone. His bed was barren. He looked at the walls, and they were just as bare.

The police must've collected all of his things. After all, his house was a crime scene.

"Why am I here? Why am I back here again?" He hissed. He slammed his hand on the headboard. "I roared, I freakin' roared, I shouldn't be back here again."

He slid off of the bed. Calvin sighed and pulled his drawers open. Luckily, they hadn't taken his clothes. He grabbed a bag and stuffed some clothes into the bag.

If he was going to live on road with the others, he'd need clothes. He slung the bag over his shoulder. Calvin started down the stairs.

He reached the bottom of the stairs and took a steadying breath. "They're gone." He told himself.

It was unlikely that the police left his parents bodies rotting on the kitchen floor. "They're gone," He said once more.

Calvin walked past the kitchen doorway. They were gone. He was right; they were gone.

"They're gone," He said. He pulled on his hands. His eyes watered as he stared past the caution tape.

They're gone, and the blood was cleaned. Yet, the giant dark spot on the hardwood remained. Their blood stained the floors beyond reproach.

"They're gone," He said.

It really hit him then. His parents are gone. "They're dead." Calvin repeated.

Calvin sank to his knees. A nauseating wave of grief crashed into him. His entire body rocked.

Calvin hugged himself. "Damn it, damn it." He whimpered.

He didn't want to be here. He didn't want to feel this, not right now. Not when he was just beginning to move on.

He reached out and pressed his hand on the doorway. A tingle in his hand sent a shock to his spine. He opened his eyes.

The bleak room began to sparkle with green light. The house felt warmer. He could practically hear his father humming in the kitchen. The smell of his dad's jollof caught him off guard.

Calvin heard a sizzle behind him. He turned and saw his mother walk past, smiling. She was dressed in her super suit. It was streaked with blood. As were her circular blades. They had green handles to match the fabric on her suit.

They were familiar.

"John, we..." She stopped in her tracks. "John where's Cal? Where is he?" She asked.

His father turned from the stove. "He's in his room playing, he has a new imaginary friend. It's quite cute to watch." John said.

The color drained from her face. "What? Why did you tell me?" She turned for the stairs but John took her by the arm.

"Sweetheart, he's fine. Kids have imaginary friends. It's normal." He said. He smiled that classic smile of his.

Calvin watched from the doorway. He shook his head. "Imaginary friend," He muttered. His brows kissed as he tried to remember.