"No but thanks for the heads up. Why didn't she go with you?"

"We literally can't stand each other. Do you really think it's a good idea for us to be in a car together." I said putting my shoes on.

"Yeah good point."
***
Hey dad, I'm going to the store to get some things.

Okay son fine by me 👍

Oh and pick up some more ice packs while you're there

Got it
***
Once I got to the store. I went inside and started shopping. I normally don't go shopping so I have no idea where anything is.

I got everything on the list except one thing. The last ingredient for mom's special watermelon lemonade. I

It's been fifteen minutes and I have no idea where the special ingredient is.

"Excuse me sir" I said to the employee stalking the shelves. "Can you tell me where to find *beeeeeeeep*?

A/n: do you really think I'm going to tell you the special ingredient? Nope!

"It's two isles over on the left side" the employee said.

"Thank you"

"You're welcome"

I went two isles over, looked left and found exactly what I'm looking for, the special ingredient.
***
I got home and I went straight for the closet at the end of the hall. I paused and took a deep breath before opening it. This closet held all mom's favorite things. There were boxes of pictures, old board games, some of mom's favorite movies, some vinyl records, her record player and at the very top the picnic basket and blanket. I grabbed both of them out of there and headed for the kitchen.

I started right away making the same meal I had every Wednesday since I was seven up until the very Wednesday mom died.

"Hey son did you get the-" he stopped when he saw the picnic basket on the counter along with me making the very food we ate every Wednesday for seven years. "What's this?" He asked even though he knew exactly what I was doing he wanted an explanation.

"It's Wednesday," I answered simply.

"Oh I see. Well do you want me to come with you?"

"No offense dad but I kind of wanted to go alone"

"No offense taken I completely understand"
***
I secured the picnic basket in the bike basket. Got on my bike for the first time in three years and rode to the park.

I set out the blanket in the exact place it's been in for years. Everything was perfect. I had my turkey, swiss, mayo, lettuce, tomato and pickle sandwich. My mom liked to call this the Adrien sandwich. I was the only one she ever knew to eat this combination and like it. I had a plate of different fruits. I had Oreos in the basket for dessert and my mom's special watermelon lemonade. Everything just like it was when I was a kid.

I could feel my mother smiling proudly at me. I knew she was happy. She was proud of me and I loved it. I love her.

I ate my sandwich and my fruit. I'm still sipping on lemonade as I watched the little children play. They reminded me of myself, so full of energy and happiness, their laughter filling the air.

I enjoyed watching this one little girl. She'd run and run and run. Then she met this little boy. They played tag together and swung on the monkey bars they'd have fun and laugh. Then the little boy had to leave. The little girl was sad but only for a moment because then she'd start running again. When she was taking a break she caught me looking at her and with a smile on her little face she walked over here.

"Why are you sitting alone?" She asked.

I chuckled "well I'm alone because my mom isn't here"

"Where's your mommy?" She asked, tilting her head confused.

"My mom is in the sky." I pointed up at the clouds.

"Where?" She asked " I can't see her" she had a puzzled look on her face.

"Come here" I said, patting the blanket next to me. "I'll show you" she came and sat next to me cautiously. "You see the clouds way up there?"

She nodded " Yeah I see them"

"Well way way past those clouds farther than anyone can go that's where my mom is"

"How can she get there if it's farther than anyone can go?" She asked.

"Well you see she climbed up a very big staircase to the pearly gates that open up to heaven"

"Wow really?!" She asked happily.

"Really" I said.

"Did you see her go up there?" She asked.

"No, I didn't get to see her go. I wish I did though"

"Do you miss her?"

"Yes I miss her very much"

"Lavender!" A voice yelled.

"Uh oh I'm in trouble" she said.

"Lavender, what in the world are you doing talking to a stranger?" The voice came closer and now had a figure to go with it.

"He's telling me about his mommy," she said innocently. Once the figure came close enough for me to see the details I realized who it was.

"Adrien?" She asked, confused.

"Aria?" I asked.

"You know who this is?" Before even waiting for an answer she said "yay! He's not a stranger!"

"To you He is missy" Aria snapped.

"What are you doing here?" We both asked at the same time.

"I'm- my sister wanted to go to the park. What are you doing here?" She said snarky.

"I'm having a picnic. Isn't that obvious?"

"So this is what you're busy doing when we could be doing our book project"

"No you don't understand this is personal"

"Oh really? How is this picnic personal?" She basically yelled.

"Because every Wednesday since I was seven my family came down to the park and had a picnic. Up until the Wednesday that my mom died three years ago. So yeah this is personal" I yelled back.

She was quiet. I feel bad for yelling at her like that. "Oh wow I'm sorry. I didn't mean-"

"No it's fine you didn't know and this kind does look like I blew off our project for a picnic."

"Well me and Lavender will just go now" she said quietly to me "come on Lavender" she said holding out her hand.The little toddler grabbed her hand and began to walk away.

"No Aria wait" she turned around surprised by my words. Honestly I am too. I didn't even know I was gonna say them until they came out of my mouth. "Stay with me, finish the picnic. I still have some fruit left and I brought Oreos"

"Please sissy please please please" Lavender begged with her big brown eyes.

"Alright fine"
***
Hey guys! I hope you liked this chapter! Don't you just love lavender! She's inspired by one of my friends little sister. I think she's so cute. Comment vote and follow!
                   Until next time,
                           Kylagrace21