Heaven - (Ariana POV)

Start from the beginning

Suddenly I heard a piano chord playing downstairs. It was a very melancholic tune which did not help my sobs subside. In fact, it triggered it even more as I felt more tears run down my cheek and having more difficulties to breathe. Every note felt like it was shattering my heart bit by bit.

It took a few minutes before the music stopped. I was almost done packing my bag. It was just a travel size suitcase of things.

I heard the front door opened and I feared the worst.

I rushed to the bedroom window and saw Pete dashing to his car and making it inside of his car before Y/N walked up to the driver side. She looked angry. I guess she had every right to be, but against me. Pete had done nothing wrong.

All of a sudden, Y/N grew red in rage and stood there clenching her fist. This was not good. There was a brief moment where she didn't act on it and out of the blue, she kicked Pete's car door. This was enough. She was a different Y/N and not one I liked to see.

I grabbed the little suitcase and hurried down the stairs. I avoided the worst as I told them to stop as soon as I stepped out. They were ready to fist fight as they stood face to face.

"That's enough. The both of you. What the fuck?" I yelled to the both of them as I paced over quickly, trying to avoid them actually fighting. "You had to go and pick a fight with him didn't you?"

I mean it was clear from the start that she had pretty much intimidated Pete to go back into his car and that wasn't fair. Then she got upset and tried kicking his door down.

"You should have seen her, she stormed over to me ready to beat the shit out of me. The only thing I could do was hide in my car until she calmed down. She was being so violent." Pete explained to me, and it coincided exactly to what I saw happening through her bedroom window.

"You little shit, want me to tell Aria-" Y/N started. I felt annoyed. Annoyed that she had turned into a bully and was acting this way.

"Stop. I'm tired of this. Pete, let's go." I huffed out in frustration. It was not an excuse for Y/N to behave this way. She had always been a caring and gentle soul and I was definitely seeing another side of her right now.

I threw the suitcase in the back of the car and gave her one last look before I sat back in.

"You know what, I feel sorry for you that you can't see what kind of guy he his. There's a reason you gave up on him once".

Those words hurt and I was at a loss for words due to what she had just said. Pete quickly drove away and I saw Y/N standing in her driveway at a distance, she was just standing there looking so powerless to change anything. I didn't know what I was feeling. Anger, sadness, worry. Happiness was definitely not in there, at all.

"Don't listen to her. She's being butt hurt because you dumped her." Pete started talking but I had no energy for him right now.

"Please stop talking. I don't need this." I encouraged him to stop talking as I was trying to process the mess that my brain was in at the moment.

We got to my home fairly quickly and Pete helped me with the luggage all the way to my front porch. We stood there a bit awkwardly as I was waiting for him to leave, but he didn't seem to get the point.

"Alright, well thanks Pete. See you on our next PR date." I said waving at him and unlocking my door. Before closing the front door, he stepped up trying to kiss me.

"What the fuck are you doing?" I asked, pushing him away. He was a bit upset at my reaction.

"Sorry, I thought I'd just give you a forehead kiss and reassure you that everything is going to be alright Ari." He said, raising his hand up in defence.

"Only Y/N gets to do that." I found myself blurting out, remembering as I said it that this no longer applied.

Realizing that, Pete still did it anyways and I did not have the energy to fight back. His forehead kiss was sloppy and nearly aggressive compared to the gently, dry and heartwarming kiss Y/N would leave me.

It felt wrong. Everything felt wrong.

I locked the door behind me, leaned against it and cried terribly as I slid down the door. The only thing I knew how to do was find my phone, go through my contacts and find my mom's phone number.

It took only two rings for her to answer.

"Ari, what's wrong?" I heard her say. She knew I only called her when it was something urgent.

"Y/N and I broke up." Was the only thing I managed to say before exploding in a full blown panic and cried through the phone.