Anyone Else - (Ariana POV)

Present day – Tommy's Studio

"It gives a sort of good introduction to the album." I heard Y/N say to Zac.

I remembered that song. She had played the first verse and chorus of the song to me the first year that we were dating. I had found it extremely cute that she had dedicated a song to me on her upcoming album. But after the break up, that particular album had not come out and was indefinitely postponed. She retreated from the business and a year later she used the same song that was supposed to be a love song and turned it into a grenade aimed right at me.

"I also collaborated a lot with Lynn Gunn from PVRIS, another favorite band of mine. She, Brian and Alex have been amazing in helping me write and compose a couple of the songs on the album." She said, quite excitedly.

I smiled at her passion for the band. I knew that Y/N had always been a big PVRIS fan and I had gotten her a PVRIS hoodie for her birthday when we were together, with a signed copy of their latest album at that time. When Y/N broke through and became bigger than she already was, she had invited them to open for her. Lynn and Y/N had been good friend ever since.

Flashback – A little over a year ago – New York

"I can't wait to be done in 5 days. Don't get my wrong, I love the feeling of performing, but I seriously cannot wait to see you and be in your arms again. I've missed you way too damn much!" She said to me through our Facetime video call.

"I know the feeling babe. I can't believe that we then only have a couple of months to ourselves before it's my turn to fly back and forth in order to start working seriously on my next album." Y/N looked sad on the other side of the screen as I reminded her of this and it really broke my heart to see her this way.

"It will be really hard but we got this. We've been through worse, right?" She said, with her huge smile which I had fallen so in love with.

"God, you're so cheesy sometimes." I couldn't help but laugh at her out of character cheesiness. She knew I loved it when she was cheesy so she was trying to do it more and more.

"I only learn from the best." She winked at me. I definitely was the cheesiest out of the both of us.

"Babe, I have a song that I wrote with Lynn during this tour and I want you to hear it. Do you want to hear it?" She sounded extremely nervous. I quietly nodded, honestly awestruck that she had wrote a song for me. She simply smiled, looking a bit more at ease as she reached to the side of the bed and a guitar came into view of the camera as she set it in front of her.

"Ok here goes." She said as she started to strum the melody. It was a very chilled beginning. Her voice sounded amazing and it gave me goose bumps. The lyrics were sweet, there was love in her words, worry as well from her leaving to go on tour and being away so much, but then the chorus hit when she just sang 'I don't belong to anyone else' and my heart just did summersaults. I smiled silently waiting for her to finish.

When she stopped strumming, her gaze met mine in worry.

"Was it okay? What do you think?" She was more nervous than I had thought.

"Babe, it's the sweetest thing ever. Thank you for sharing it with me and I can't wait to hear the rest of the song!" I squealed. A huge smile broke out on her face and it made my heart melt.

"I seriously cannot wait to be back. I really miss you! We have so much to catch up on!" She said to me.

"I know. By the way, I also found a really nice place for us to move into. We have a meeting with the real estate agent whenever you want once you're back so you can see if you like it as well." I decided to give her the good news so that she could cheer up a little.