Chapter 5

The day went on pretty normally for Jack and Elsa. They had lunch with their friends and thoroughly avoided talking about what they'd been doing or where they planned on going since they knew that their friends won't hesitate to stalk them. The whole group enjoyed their lunch together and they went their separate ways right after.

Jack took Elsa to Zonko's and they messed around for some time. Seeing his excited face trying out all the different items, Elsa understood what Jack had meant when he had told that it was an advantage for him as she stared at him. They stayed in the shop for a while with Jack devising plans on how he could use his purchases while Elsa contemplated deeply about the creation and functioning of the prank items.

"So, should we head over to Madam Puddifoot's now?" Jack asked as they stepped out of the joke shop.

Elsa tilted her head and looked at him as she spoke, "I don't mind. What do people usually do there? I just know that its where couples go to."

"Well," Jack smirked, leaning close to her face as his hand slid into hers, "there are plenty of things we could do, Snowflake," he whispered the last word huskily in her ear.

Elsa turned beet red and shoved him back as she continued walking, not stopping to wait for Jack who was laughing while trying to catch up with her. He grabbed her hand and walked alongside her, holding back his chuckles as Elsa huffed and looked away from him. Despite her reactions, Jack knew she wasn't mad at him as he glanced down at their interlocked hands.

"You still haven't given me a proper answer," Elsa raised an eyebrow, finally glancing at him.

Jack leaned his head back in thought, shoving his other hand in his coat's pocket before he replied, "People usually just sit close and talk all romantically 'n stuff like that and you get your occasional couple who would be snogging at the back of the cafe."

Elsa scrunched her nose in disgust, "People kiss in such a public space?"

Running his hand through his hair to cover up the fact that it actually went up to pinch her adorable nose, Jack shrugged, "Not everyone avoids a little PDA."

Elsa raised an eyebrow at that but didn't tell anything else. She wondered internally if she really wanted to stay in an enclosed place where she might catch glimpses of people making out around them.

Wait, does that mean even we'll have to kiss amidst all those people?

Sensing her unease, Jack squeezed her hand gently which made  Elsa look up at him. "We don't have to go there if you don't want to, Snowflake."

Elsa bit her lip, looking down at her moving feet, "Do you want to?"

Jack thought for a few seconds before replying, "I don't mind but it's not somewhere I prefer going for a first date either. Besides, I'd like to take you somewhere else if you'll allow me to."

Elsa smiled and nodded.

The young couple changed course and headed away from the shops, hands comfortably holding each other's. They reached a small frozen stream and Elsa giggled as Jack pulled her across the stones used to cross it. She laughed and giggled at Jack's antics as they climbed up a small hill. At the top was a tree under which Jack sat and patted the ground next to him. Elsa smiled and sat down as well, timidly placing her hand on his which was on the ground between them.

Staring at the evening skies, Elsa took a deep breath as she leaned her head against the tree. They stayed in silence for some time until Jack started chuckling to himself.

"What's so funny?" Asked Elsa, not moving her head and just looking at him.

"Nothing. It's just- sitting here, with you, at another one of my secret spots reminded me of that day when we busted Hans' sorry ass." His grin melted into a small smile as he leaned his head back as well while his eyes stayed locked with hers. "To think that just one week back I'd been dreaming of having this exact scenario with you next to me."