"Look, Shinobu! Isn't this pretty?" asked Kanae, showing a necklace to her. Shinobu hummed, trying her very best to keep her patience up and pumping. Curiously, the younger Kochou peered over her shoulder to see Mitsuko looking around attentively.

Mitsuko was cautiously aware of her surroundings. The presence of three Demon Slayers alone is enough to set this rumoured strong demon off and alarmed. Maybe, two young and weak-looking  Demon Slayers might make the demon think otherwise. Still, they shouldn't let their guard down just because the sun is still up. It won't be long since it's already late in the afternoon.

"Relax, Mitsuko-chan. You too, Shinobu."

Mitsuko switched her attention to Kanae, who was holding up a handful of herbs. Mitsuko smiled a little. She was trying her best to relax, but a bad feeling—a very bad feeling—had been stirring her composed soul.

Reluctantly, she replied, "Sure."

Kanae noticed Shinobu. "Do you think that's pretty, Shinobu?"

Shinobu was studying a pair of bracelets intertwined together. Its simplicity is unique. It was enough to attract Mitsuko's attention, who doesn't have quite a hobby in wearing accessory (excluding the hair accessory, of course. It's from Kagaya after all).

Shinobu nodded. She smiled. This put Mitsuko on edge a little. It wasn't the bad type. It was a good one. She much more preferred if Shinobu was smiling more often.

Ah, now she felt what most people felt when they told her she should smile more.

One of those people was Hitoshi. She recalled his remarked when she subconsciously smiled when he patted her head.

"You look pretty when you smile. You should smile more!"

Mitsuko felt flustered. Not many people compliments her, you know. Hitoshi really has a way with words. She was left speechless (and a blushing mess)  when Hitoshi departed for his next mission.

"We should call it a day."

She was brought back to the reality. Mitsuko blinked, regaining her focus and concentration of the situation. The sun was setting on the horizon and the mountains from the distance had casted a shadow over the town.

As they started walking towards the inn, Mitsuko accidentally heard a suspicious chat.

"He grants everyone salvation!"

"Apparently, he only allows people during the night."

With a tense expression, Mitsuko trailed behind Shinobu and Kanae.

* * *

Mitsuko will return.

Muichirou chanted the thought in his mind on repeat. It seemed like the bad feeling Mitsuko was having a couple of days ago was transferred to him. He can't help but feel uneasy with everything. His chest was heavy with something he couldn't explain.

Yuichirou was acting strange lately. It was confusing Muichirou. He didn't dare to make any major fights with him. He was normal—big brother Yuichirou and his harsh way of conveying his thoughts.

"I hope Mitsuko's safe," murmured Muichirou. His hands ran through Michi's soft fur. He was absentminded and worried with Mitsuko.

"I wish she's back soon."

Michi jumped out of Muichirou's arms and trudged towards a nearby bush of flowers.

Muichirou was reminded of Mitsuko's fondness when making flower crowns. He remembered her small tender smile as her fingers worked fluidly in interweaving each of the flowers. He recalled how her hair swayed a little when the breeze ran past them often. His eyes flashed her fond expression.

Muichirou smiled.

* * *

Mitsuko had no idea how she found herself in this horrible situation.

Her hands were trembling against the grip of Nichirin Blade. It was still sheathed, but she was assured not a moment will be wasted for it to be unsheathed.

"You look familiar."

The demon with an appearance of a human tilted his head to one side, his fan tapping his cheek in ponder. His mesmerising rainbow eyes glinting in the dark shade of the moonlight. They held mischief and maliciousness. That is enough for Mitsuko to decipher.

"Ah!" The demon was delighted. With a victorious grin, he pointed at Mitsuko. "It's Mitsuko-chan!"

Mitsuko was shocked. How come this demon knows her name?

"You don't remember?"

She gritted her teeth. "Why will I know the existence of a hideous creature like you?"

Mitsuko was scared. She was afraid.

"That hurts, Mitsuko-chan! I'm Douma! Douma!"

She is against the Upper Moon Two.

"D-Douma?"

Mitsuko desperately prayed for the sun to rise.