Chapter 10: Whatever It Takes

Start from the beginning

I can't tell him. I will have to stay strong.

"I just don't want to be the head warrior," I answer, not completely lying. I don't want to be the head warrior but not because it's a big responsibility. It's the attention it will be bringing that scares me. The attention of a certain somebody.

He tilts his head to the side and stares at me as if he's trying to solve the puzzle that is me. I plaster a poker face on, knowing he won't be able to read me at all.

"You would make a great leader," He muses.

Everyone seems to think this. Leon thought I would make a great Queen, Aidan and Sky both think I can be a brilliant head warrior and now Alpha Kaiden thinks so too.

Perhaps I could be.

It's a shame I can't risk being found.

"Thanks," I mumble, shifting uncomfortably on the bed.

"I will find out what you're hiding." He promises, out of the blue. My eyes widen for a moment but then I manage to conceal the shock. Placing a look of indifference on my face, I shrug my shoulders carelessly and bite my lip. Internally, I was beginning to freak out.

"Okay, Alpha," I reply, nonchalantly.

He purses his lips, mentally deciding whether he should leave me now or not.

Thankfully, he leaves.

I exhale in relief. So, Alpha Kaiden knew I was hiding something. Yet, he still let me stay. He didn't drag me out of my room and lock in the pack cellar. Instead, he's letting me keep it to myself. For a while, at least. Most Alpha's would definitely not do that.

I fell asleep an hour later, wanting to feel refreshed for tomorrow.

As soon as my alarm goes off the next morning, I'm jumping out of bed and getting into the shower. Last night's events are in the past; I'm now ready for today and the challenges I'll have to face.

I might be holding back in the fights today but that doesn't mean I can't have some fun.

After throwing on black leggings and a sports top, I head downstairs to the kitchen. Only a few people are up this early. One of the female cooks gives me a kind smile when she sees me and points to a plate of food she prepared.

"Thanks, Agatha," I say, slipping into the chair and inhaling the sweet smell of the pancakes. Agatha is one of the only people in this pack who talk to me. A few people are afraid of me and a few don't think I should be here.

"Anytime dear," Agatha replies, sweetly.

When I finish breakfast, I down my drink and head out the back door. I go for a run through the woods. It's beautiful and peaceful early in the morning. The sun is still rising in the sky and the birds are just waking up. I dodge fallen tree branches, whilst keeping my breathing under control.

Nobody disturbs me at this moment. I'm allowed to be free from pack members and Leon.

A soft breeze flows through the forest, causing the branches to sway. I take in everything, feeling at one with nature.

When I return, I am greeted by Sky and Aidan who are arguing.

"You are such a dumba*s," Sky mutters, rolling her eyes.

"I'm not, I'm just smart. Clearly, I'm smarter than you. I obviously inherited the brains in the family." Aidan retorts, snorting.

Sky narrows her eyes, whilst munching on her food, "You and I both know I'm the smart one here. You wouldn't have passed tenth grade if it wasn't for me."