~Road Trip~

Nino was first to break the silence. 'uh, where are the seat belts?'

Mikey and Logan smirked 'dude, we don't do that here '. the two laughed and they drove off.

'Hey Snips, Remember the camp you went to back in grade 8?' Keith spoke from the front.

'Yeh, I think.Was it the one with the training grounds? I loved it there, I'm surprised I even remember it, I was like 7 right?' She smiled for a second , before it dissolved completely. She was still mourning for the death of her brother.

'Yeh, I still can't believe you finished the whole track in three days. It took me at least a week.' He sighed before Alya spoke up.

'Wait, how are you in grade eight?' She questioned

'Oh, unlike normal school, she took more.... advanced schooling, she was top in all of her classes, and finished grade twelve when she was 10. our grades wouldn't go by year, it would go by skill, and experience.' Josh continued

'And Marinette here, after completing... eh.. school, had taken extra training from.. her teachers...' He smile cheekily

Nino rested his elbows on his knees, and readjusted his cap, before both him and Alya turn the heads towards her.

'Marinette, you didn't go to a.... school, did you?' Alya spoke.

'No... no I didn't.' she sighed and looked Keith, he continued for her.

'We didn't go to 'school' but instead we went to a sort of training camp. We would be trained to fight, and defend. We would also study different languages, and combat techniques. Marinette's Father was head of the camp. They trained hundreds of kids, they grew up, and graduated . Marinette was the only girl in the whole camp-' he was cut off by the two twins.

'Wait, what about the other thing?' the twins said in unison while eyeing their brother.

When marinette realised what they had said, she stared daggers at them, causing them to shut up and look in any other direction.

'What other thing?' Alya repeated

'There is no 'thing'....' she mumbled

'You sure girl? is it about your parents?'

The car went silent.
All eyes were on Marinette,
But she ignored them, and looked out the window

'My da- my father....' she looked for anything to help change the subject, but failed. She sighed ' My Father was happy.., once, we were happy. My brother....Leo, he had just started training. Back then, when the seniors graduated, they were put into groups, or crews. they were sent all over the world to protect their assigned town, or city.'

'But...' her voice struggled, but she continued

'but after my mother died- he changed, everything changed, and not for the better. He started training the students differently, back then I had no idea that he changed the goals of the students at the end of their senior year. After her death, he got... distant. the graduates became assassins. And I knew nothing about it, That is, until a few days ago.' She kept looking out the window, refusing to look them in the eyes. Her mind drifted back to Leo.

A single tear escaped her eye, she quickly wiped it away, and continued to chat about random topics, well mostly Alya.

~.........~.........~.........~.........~.........~.........~.........~.........~.........~.........~.........~

'How much longerrrrr' alya whined for the fifth time

'Like I said, a few miles from here, so yes Ayla it will take some time to get there.' Josh said, then Alya started talking again.

Oöo five hours later oöO

'How about now?'

'No.'

'Oh come on, it been like 12 hours!' She whined Again

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~ 1 hour later ~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

They had driven past building, after building, after building. A few minutes later the group were at the edge of the city, that's when she saw it.

'Stop the car!'

I honestly hate this chapter. Also thank you for over 15 views :) I appreciate it. I'll try and update three times a week, depending if ppl actually like this book ;-; heh.

Stay safe!

Have a good day :)

(Word count)
668