"Good..."

 "It's a good thing you don't like her though, because if I know Penny, then I know she's not going to want to get with you."

 I furrow my brow. "Well, what's that supposed to mean?"

 Han shrugs. "I mean, you're just a passenger-"

 "You and I both know I'm not 'just a passenger' anymore," I frown.

 He sighs. "To Penny, you are. And Penny doesn't like to get involved with passengers."

 I look down at my hands. Great. So she doesn't have a thing with Han, and I still don't have a shot. I should've stayed on Tatooine.

 "What are y'all talkin' about...?" a singsongy voice says from behind us. Han and I turn around to find Penny standing in the doorway, holding three mugs. "Coffee," she says, handing Han and I each one.

 "Oh, ya know," Han begins, "we're talkin' about the usual 'guy stuff.'"

 I take a sip as she starts talking again. "Ah," she says, "so that's code for you're talking about me." I laugh nervously and she sends me a weird look. "It was a joke, Luke"

 Penny's mug has a spoon resting in it. She picks it up, and I watch her mix something around in her drink. She takes the spoon out and licks some coffee off the side, causing me to choke on my own drink and she shoots me another weird look. God, Luke, get your mind out of there.

 "Are you okay?" She asks.

 "Yeah," I manage to say, "I just wasn't expecting it to be that hot...th-the drink I mean."

 "Well, what else would you be talking about?" Han smirks. If he wasn't that much taller than me, I'd beat his ass.

 "I was just clarifying," I say into my mug.

 The three of us stand in awkward silence for what seems like an eternity until Han breaks it. "Is that...?" He turns towards the door, behind where Penny is standing. "Is Chewie calling for me?" I don't hear anything. "Yeah, I think he is, I'm gonna go see what he needs. Penn, you can have my seat, this might take a while."

 He ducks out and Penny sits down next to me. She takes a sip of her coffee and looks out at the stars. We're alone in the cockpit now.

 Somehow, I'm going to kill Han Solo.

 "They're so pretty," Penny smiles. "The stars, the galaxy, all of it. I mean, if you take away the fact that you almost get killed every day."

 I look out at the stars too, and she's right. Tatooine doesn't have a view like this. Tatooine doesn't have a Penny either. And then I realize again that I'm glad I left.

 "Thank you for the coffee," I smile awkwardly. "You didn't have to do that."

 She looks down at her mug. "Oh, it was no trouble. I always make one for Han, and thought you might like one too."

 I look down at the hole in her tank top, a bandage peaks through. "How are you feeling?" I ask. Something about her energy seems different now. This doesn't feel like the same Penny who yelled at me in the hallway for trying to become friends.

 She shrugs. "I'll live. What about you?"

 "I didn't get hit by a E-11 blaster rifle."

 "You seem off though..." She looks up at me and I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to say anything back.

 Luke, stop. You heard Han, Penny doesn't like passengers. You have to get over this stupid crush.

 "Yeah...just still a bit shaken up about Ben."

 "Oh god," Penny says, smacking her forehead lightly. "Of course you're still shaken up about Ben, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said anything."

 I shake my head and look down at my own drink. "No, it's fine. It's nice to know someone's here to make sure I'm doing okay."

 Out of the corner of my eye, I see her smile.

the universe

Penny smiles at Luke while he looks down into his mug, hoping he doesn't notice.

 When he looks back up, she tries to tone it down as much as she can. They are both very obviously interested in one another, and everyone on the Falcon can see it. That is, except the two of them.

 How convenient.

 Luke notices Penny's fingernails are painted green, a wonderful color choice on her part. But then he remembers again what Han had said, how Penny doesn't like passengers, and he reminds himself that he can't be into her like that anymore. So he tries to push this little detail out of mind, for his own good.

 But just as he's about to fully convince himself that green is not, in fact, his favorite, Penny says something that fills every ounce of him with hope;

 "You know, after all that, I don't think you're just a passenger anymore."

----

is the whole 'the universe' when it's third-person thing lame

y'all better get ready because imma try and write the next few bits as them just chillin' on the falcon >:)

also,, fanfic!