After the Miyagi semi-final win for Karasuno, he finally realizes it reminds him of someone, he can't really place it but he knows that they are jeering and possibly obstinate in their ways. No, not jeering but somber and mysterious in a very callous way. Looking in the mirror didn't hurt as much, not that it had, but looking at the mark felt almost like feeling at home. In his skin, in his heart among many, many other things and Hinata was shocked, from his eyes, it had changed. The once flat half moon now growing into an almost full moon, the blues and blacks and now white of the moon coming to an almost dazzling gleam. Again, it reminds him, of Tsukkishima and the way he smiled that day. The way he happily yanked his fist back in subtle joy at finally blocking Ushijima Wakatoshis spike. Hinata frowns, it's silly, to compare his moon to Stingyshima. They are not the same, Stingy-kun is jeering, he is contemptuous but not like the moon he loves so much (he doesn't even realize that he's already in love with it).

Hinata might not believe they are the same, but they share too many similarities for his comfort. The way his moon changed, the way Tsukkishima has changed too. Or maybe, the way Hinata begins to notice more about Tsukki, sly, sarcastic smiles, there and gone in a single moment. The ginger boy could honestly say he believed Tsukkis skin shone whiter, or that he seemed to stand taller and more poised in his actions like he just knew. Had Kei always been that smart? Was he always so mysterious and appealing? Whether or not he had continued to remain in question, whenever he asked, most just snorted or grumbled along the lines of 'shitty know-it-all, arrogant mocker' (Tanaka, Nishinoya) at his questions. Suga-san, Enno-san and Daichi-san would always exchange silly knowing looks and Bakageyama just ignored him. It wasn't until the third time his sempai had looked at each other that way he realized and only because, in the end, they caught Tsukkishima in a pitying gaze. It wasn't until Tsukki flittered worrying eyes at him, holding him in an equally fretting stare that he understood. Tsukki changed, he saw it, knew it, but so had he, hadn't he? Tsukki turned on his heel and hurried out of the clubroom, ignoring Yamaguchis pleas of wait, rushing to get away from what he thought might come.

"Stingyshima! He-ey Stingy" Tsukki rolled his eyes; there was nothing he wanted to do more than disappear.

"Oi, Tsukki don't leave! I wanna talk with you" Hinata began to regret calling him Stingy when he was not doing that with the distance between them.

"Oh? I'd rather not be infected by stupid today" The blond called over his shoulders, but lightly, he tripped on his stupidly undone shoe laces giving Hinata enough time to stop him in his tracks. Tsukki could feel eyes, that gaze boring into him and he couldn't help but feel a little sorry for their competitors.

"You're avoiding me" Tsukki did everything in his power to avoid it, tying his shoes or looking up at the darkened sky.

"Look at me. Kei, Look at me."

"Looking at stupid might make stupid, so no thanks" Hinata didn't so much as huff or comment, silence filled the air and crickets were all that could be heard in the distance.

"You are already stupid, you're so dumb and you're an idiot." Tsukki could feel his blood run cold like icicles were inching slowly through his veins, hoping on little hope Hinata was still clueless or that maybe he was wrong. As if trying to avoid what he thought might come Tsukki sneered at the older, littler boy.

"Don't call me by my name, only my friends can do that. Not even Yamaguchi can do it yet."

"No? Not even him? What about your soulmate?" He saw it coming, knew it would happen, sooner or later but still, he tried to run.

"Don't know them, doesn't matter yet." It was the dumbest thing he could have ever said, he knew it, but hopefully, Hinata was dumb enough to overlook it. He was wrong.

DAY AND NIGHTजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें