ch. 1

i met jaxon while i was in a hurry to get to work. i was late and was running down a busy street. as i was running, i tripped over a middle aged man's foot and lost my balance. i tipped over face first, landing on my nose. my sensitive body instantly began to ache, and i could feel a warm thick liquid dripping down my nose. the middle aged man blew his smoke towards my direction and scoffed. "next time watch where you're stepping." with a grunt and a puff of his cigarette, he walked off. i watched him leave as my eyes began to swell with tears. i just sat there trembling because i was so embarrassed. a young man around my age walked up to me. he had messy dirty blonde hair that was messily parted down the middle, and fierce stone-like grey eyes that glowed with anger & irritation. his skin was smooth, almost too perfect. he was gorgeous. his aura was extremely intimidating though, which made me think he was about to confront me or even yell at me. but he didn't. instead he held out his hand, and i took it without a word. i'm extremely shy, especially around handsome men which made me tremble even more. he lifted my chin up gently and wiped my nose with his sleeve. my cheeks slowly started to burn. anytime a man touches me i get flustered and extremely vulnerable. "are you okay?" he asked. his voice was smooth and extremely calm. it made me shiver from how attractive it was. i just nodded, backing up a little to get away from his warm touch. he realized this, and instantly buried his hands in his pockets. "i'm sorry.... i didn't mean to make you uncomfortable." i just looked down. i couldn't think of anything to say. i could feel him staring at me, waiting for a response. in a panic, i bowed to show my thanks. after that i quickly walked off. my heart was beating out of my chest, and my whole face felt like it was on fire. he was still watching me as i walked off, wondering if i thought he was a creep or something. i should've talked to him, but his beauty and his fierce aura were both too overwhelming for a shy boy like me.