Chapter 1: Who is Slenderman?

I sat there writing in my tiny diary, letting anything that I know written down on this piece of paper. My mom wanted me to write it down if it was important, this was important…

March 12, 1994,

No one knows about the man without a face. I see him in my dreams all the time. It freaks me out sometimes, but other times I don’t really care much about him. The man in my dream has to be at least 7 feet tall, with tentacles that come from his back side. He was a faceless creature, and the whitest face in the world. He was wearing a suit and was beckoning me towards him. I knew something was wrong when I see the bodies that hung from the trees behind him. What does my dream mean? Does this mean something is going to happen? I don’t know…

                I sighed deeply and rubbed my head slowly. I closed the diary and walked away slowly from my room. “Luna?” Asked my mother. I looked over at her, sighing softly. “Yes?” I whispered. “Why don’t you go see what your sister is doing?” I groaned, walking up the stairs and knocking on the door, “Rosie, Come on. Time to eat.” No answer. “Rosie, let’s go.” Still no answer. I opened the door wide, “Rose!” I blinked slightly, Rosie was staring outside, and she was like in a trance. I walked towards the window, to see nothing. It was nothing. “Come on Rose.” I whispered towards her, gently pulling her away from the window. She snapped out of it and looked up at me, “Did you see him?” She asked. “See who?” “Slender Man.” She whispered. I laughed softly, “Slender Man isn’t real.” I said back at her. “Yeah he is! He was standing right there!” She pointed towards the window; I walked over there to look out of it one last time. “See, nothing.” I said while smiling. My eyes traced over the trees to see if any of them were moving. None were.

                Slender man… the one that I was dreaming of. Rosie must have fallen asleep standing up, she does that a lot. Slender man wasn’t real, he was made up. An internet prank. At least I hope so. I walked downstairs with Rosie. She was clinging to my arm. I sighed deeply and looked down at her, “I promise that there was nothing, you must have fallen asleep standing up.” I whispered. “I don’t know sissy, something weird is going on.” I smiled softly and continued to walk downstairs.

                We all sat down at the table, eating breakfast. It was waffles morning, yum. I looked up at my mom who was drinking her morning coffee and reading the newspaper. She groaned in annoyance and disgust. “What mom?” I asked. “Some little kid was found yesterday…” I blinked, looking over at Rosie. She was only 6 and didn’t need to hear what my mom was going to say next. “Spell it out.” I was 18. “Well this kid was F-O-U-N-D, H-A-N-G-I-N-G from a T-R-E-E, and I guess his G-U-T-S were hanging out and the way they found him it looked like a B-E-A-R A-T-T-A-C-K.” “Oh, I see.” I whispered, sighing. “That can’t be good.” “Seems like more and more kids are disappearing and coming up…” She looked over at Rosie, “D-E-A-D…” “Dead.” I heard Rosie. We both looked at her in shock. She looked up at me, “That’s what you told me when they found Dad in the store…” I was blinking, I forgot about my father. He was a great man though… but he … was drunk all the time. Never came home. Always working or flirting with girls. My mom didn’t care much about it though. It was one of those things that my mom had to put up with until we got enough money to move away. My mom also works, but not as much as my dad did. He died last summer with a bullet to the head, he was in the woods. I never told Rosie that part, I told her he was found in the store. My mother and I knew the truth and we would tell her soon as she gets a little older.

                I finished my waffles and quickly walked away towards the bus. “Love you bye mom.” Rosie walked right next to me as we walked. I took her to her bus stop every morning till she was old enough to defend herself. I stood there waiting; it was snowing so it was really cold. I looked up at the sky. It was a gray color and the snow was so small. Rosie began to run around and tried to catch the snowflakes with her tongue. She ran right into the road, and I didn’t even notice. I heard a horn and I snapped my head towards Rosie. She was staring at this truck that was speeding towards her, I heard the squealing of the tires as the truck tried to stop. I ran towards her and pushed her out of the way, I felt a quick pain and a loud snap. Then darkness…