Chapter 9 ~ Get lost, Squidward

En başından başla

"Tony, I'm sorry." Bruce apologizes, completely upset about this. "Either I can't or he won't."

"Well didn't you tell us he got his ass kicked by Thanos? I wouldn't want to come back out either." Roy says.

"It's okay. Hey, stand down." Tony says to him. He looks at Wong. "Keep an eye on him. Thank you."

"I have him," Wong says.

"Damn it," Bruce mutters.

Tony steps towards the alien as he presses his nanotech on the center of his chest. His Iron Man suit appears and he creates a shield on one arm as the huge alien swings his hammer at him. Tony then punches the alien in the chin, before stepping back and making his repulsors appear on either side of him, shooting the alien. It goes flying back toward the squid-like alien who easily deflects his companion into some cars.

"Where'd that come from?" Bruce asks him.

Tony turns to face us. "It's nano-tech. You like it? A little something I—" He doesn't get to finish as Squidward creates a spike of earth that throws him in the air.

Squidward then tries to attack us with tree roots and other debris, but Wong steps forward and creates a shield in front of us to protect us.

"Dr. Banner, if the rest of your green friend won't be joining us..." Strange says as he creates a portal and pushes Bruce through it.

He closes the portal and we look back at the alien dude. I hold my ring out. I always kept it with me just in case. My suit comes out of it as I run into it.

"It feels good to be back in this," I say. "Although it's a little tight." I move around to try to get comfy.

'So the alien can deflect things and I think he pretty much has telekinesis so I have to be smart about my attacks.'

I pick up Roy bridal style.

"What are you doing?" Strange questions me.

I ignore him and look at Roy. "Hold on." I warn him.

He nods as I run at Squidward, hoping to get Roy close enough to slice him up. Squidward tries to throw debris at me, but I easily move out of the way. I then feel the ground grab my ankle and I lurch forward due to the sudden stop of momentum. Roy launches forward from my hands at full speed as I see him hold his katanas out. Squidward doesn't have enough time to react and deflect Roy so he comes flying at him, low though. Roy slices at his leg, leaving a deep cut, but not enough to affect him as much. Squidward's leg gives out, but he immediately stands back up and looks at Roy, who's just getting up off the ground. Squidward glares at him before raising his hand and making Roy fly through a window in a building nearby.

"Roy!" I shout as I phase my leg out of the ground.

Squidward turns back to me and uses his powers to throw a car at me, but Tony flies in just in time and blasts it back at him, but Squidward just cuts it in half. Roy comes stumbling out of the building and towards Tony and I. He now has a few cuts and bruises on his face but is still standing.

"Gotta get that stone outta here, now," Tony says to Strange.

"It stays with me." Strange replies.

"Exactly. Bye." Tony says as he flies at Squidward who tries to stop him, but fails. Just as Tony is closing in, the huge alien dude behind Squidward decides to get back up and throw his hammer at Tony, sending him through buildings as I move Roy and I out of the way of the hammer's path.

Roy and I stand behind Strange and Wong as they fight Squidward who lifts several bricks from the ground and turns them into sharp points. He sends them towards the four of us, but Strange and Wong make portals, boomeranging them back to Squidward. Squidward moves a car to protect himself, but one of the spikes hits his head, leaving a cut. I take this opportunity to run forward, running as fast as I can and attack Squidward as Roy comes towards us to back me up. I punch Squidward in the face and then kick him as hard as I can, with the help of my speed, knocking him back into a car. Roy comes running up behind me, katanas ready in hand, as he jumps off of a car and goes to swing at Squidward, but he moves out of the way so Roy's blade only cuts him on the face a little. Squidward tries to throw a car at Roy, but I pick him up and bring us back to Strange and Wong. Angered, Squidward uses a broken fire hydrant's water stream to knock Wong and Roy, who was standing close to Wong, back several meters, knocking them unconscious which leaves Sherlock and me.