𝟒 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐞

Start from the beginning

"Um.......Leah Wolff,"

Her eyes light up, "What a pretty name!" She exclaims, revealing her childish actions before me.

Are these three really the criminals Erwin informed me about? They don't seem as dangerous, by the way I'm seeing my point of perspective on the situation...

Suddenly the man takes me by the shoulders straightening me, before resuming with my wound. What time is it now? It's been at least roughly two hours since I was saved, so about ten 'o' clock I'm assuming.

"Um......I don't have a watch, what's the time? I think I should lea--"

"It's almost midnight," he replies sharply, cutting me off without breaking eye contact with working on my cheek.

Has it really been that long already?

"You rest here, those men are still looking around for you still," He instructs, still being so nonchalant as usual.

Soon I'm able to read his movements, and his normal behaviour just by his repetitive actions and words. The room soon fell silent before seeing the other man yawning tiredly, his light brown hair slightly tousled between his fingers, he stood up.

"I'm gonna hit the sack, keep an eye on this one," He glares upon me, making me lower my gaze.

The man scoffs, clicking against his teeth in response.

"Don't worry, I won't let her out of my sight," he assures him, feeling my stomach churning by being surrounded by these people.

"Same here Big Bro, night!" the girls waves, before walking off to the back room. With the click of the doors closing, silence falls upon us once again.

The dust slowly accumulates in the underground, gathering and making it hard for me to breath properly. Soon he finally places a patch across my cheek, gently pressing it so it would stay.

"There......we don't have any more beds, so you might need t--"

I shook my head.

"It's fine.......I can't really sleep," I reply, assuring him I'm okay.

He was slightly taken back.

"I see......." he begins to pack everything up, along with the bloodied gauze and cloths. He walks over to the sink nearby, and places the items down while I sat there twiddling my thumbs.

I need to report back now, while it's late at night.....

"By the way........where are you from exactly?" He questions, back still facing me while washing up.

Shit, did he find out? Did he figure out I'm from above?

"Um...."

"I mean under here, whereabouts?"

A draw a breath of relief past my lips, leaning back slightly against the soft cushioned couch. Running my fingers through my raven locks, I inhale quietly.

"A few streets down, on the other side.......opposite direction from here," I lie, my voice not wavering or hesitating with what little knowledge I knew about the undergrounds.

The knowledge I knew was it was actually built as part of a colony to avoid the titans outside the walls, yet however it turned into the slums......only for criminals and the poor after the project was halted. I didn't like how they halted it, and placed the poor down below.....it wasn't right at all.

In my own opinion, but yet I am from the poor side too just on the outskirts of the entire walls where it's slightly dry and dire.

"Tea?" He offers, knocking me out of my own thoughts.