"She was caught hiding in a cargo hold of a freighter before it set sail down the Mississippi." Sophie admitted softly as hot tears filled her dark brown eyes but she dug her nails into her palms so that she didn't cry in front of the Originals because she refused to show them weakness.

"And who, pray tell, of Marcel's valued inner circle manages his business at the docks?"

"Katie's boyfriend, Thierry." Sophie stated quietly as she closed her eyes against her tears and supressed the small swell of guilt in her stomach as she nodded her head slowly in acknowledgement to their point.

_____________________________

Rebekah sat at the bar counter at Rousseau's with a half empty glass of scotch in front of her as she smiled at the blonde bartender on the opposite side of the bar.

"And so then I moved back here to be closer to my brothers because-let's face it-family's important, right, Camille?" Rebekah asked with a slight bitterness in her British accented voice as she swirled her scotch around in the glass.

"Cami. I have to change this name tag. Drunk guys keep hitting on me in French." Cami said with a small smile on her lips as she cleaned a glass with a rag and Rebekah chuckled slightly as she nodded in acknowledgment. "You sure you haven't been in here before?"

"She's a friend of mine. Maybe you've seen her with me." A voice interrupted Rebekah as she went to answer the curious blonde and Cami glanced of her shoulder with a smile at the woman who was approaching them from behind.

"Hey, Imogen! I didn't think you'd actually come. I know you avoid this place like the plague." Camille teased her friend lightly as the brunette sat down the stool next to Rebekah with a smile at the bartender and Rebekah looked between the two in confusion as to why the witch was lying about them being friends.

"Sophie's not here, right?" Imogen asked her with a quirked eyebrow as she leaned her elbows on the bar counter and Cami chuckled softly as she shook her head in answer to her friend. "Well, as long as Sophie isn't here, I can be."

"I still don't know why two don't like each other."

"And you probably never will. You aren't a psychologist yet and I'm not paying you 200 dollars an hour to listen to me bitch. You're my friend so you have to do that for free." The young witch pointed out jokingly with a smirk and Camille rolled her blue eyes at her with a small genuine smile gracing her lips for first time that day.

"You're lucky I can tolerate your weird personality. Take your alcohol and let me work." Cami said in amusement as she poured the brunette a glass of bourbon and placed it on the counter in front of her.

"You're the one who invited me down here." Imogen reminded her playfully as she wrapped her hand around the glass and risked a quick glance at the blonde Original watching the witch and bartender interact with an almost jealous expression.

"I regret it." The blonde behind the counter said drily as she kept her pretty face serious before cracking a small smile and watching away from the duo at the bar as she threw the rag over her shoulder.

"Why did you lie to her?" Rebekah asked the brunette witch next to her curiously with a slight edge of suspicious in her accented voice and Imogen took a leisurely sip of her drink as she studied the blonde next to her. With one glance, Imogen could immediately tell that the youngest Mikaelson was lonely and that was something she could relate to at the moment.

"Maybe it wasn't a lie." The witch finally said seriously as she placed her glass down on the counter in front of her and Rebekah raised a perfectly manicured eyebrow at her vague answer in question as she sipped her own glass of scotch. "Maybe it was a prediction of the future."