Second Thoughts

Ship: Jegulus

Plot; Regulus sees James and Lily hanging out and has second thoughts.

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the art.

Regulus was walking towards the black lake to do his Potions work, and meet up with his boyfriend of now 2 months. Of course, his mother doesn't know about his relationship. She would murder him if she ever found out that the 'perfect pureblood' Regulus Black was gay.
His boyfriend of two months is James Fleamont Potter, yea James Potter the idiot Gryffindor. Someone he's supposed to hate according to his mother.

As he approached the black lake, he noticed someone else sitting with James. Someone with red hair and a book on their lap; Lily Evans, everyone thinks he has a crush on her.

Regulus couldn't help but stop and stare at the pair.

'They would make a good couple.' Regulus thought 'He would probably be happier with her, they could be together out in the open not like James and I.'

Every thought got louder as seconds went by, the two still hasn't noticed Regulus standing far from them with tears threatening to fall. He heard footsteps, loud footsteps coming towards him, his eyes turned from Lily and James to Sirius?

"Sirius?" He whispered, looking at his brother.

"Regulus, what are you doing standing here. You should be with your boyfriend and don't lie to me, I know James is your boyfriend." Sirius replied not realizing his mistake, Remus who suddenly came into Regulus' view smacked Sirius.

"We know you didn't want anyone to know, James made us swore we would tell no one." Remus told him, which reassured him a bit. "Which we haven't told anyone."

"Thank you." He replied, his eyes flickered back to James and Lily. "Do you think they would make a good couple?"

Sirius and Remus eyes widened as they heard what Regulus just asked, thoughts ran through their minds.

"What?" They said in unison.

"They seem happy, everyone thinks he has a crush on her and what if he does? What if I'm just someone he's using to make her jealous? He could be out in the open with her, not like with me."

He waited for a response from the two, but their eyes were looking behind him at James. "I guess I'll take that as a ye-" He immediately got turned around before he finished his sentence.

James pulled him for a hug, not letting him. "You idiot, I love you not Lily. She's only a friend, she was telling me of my head duties."

"Oh." Regulus replied, still worried about if he's telling the truth. "I'm sorry."

"Hey, it's not your fault." James told him as he wrapped his arms around the smaller male. Sirius and Remus were sitting with Lily, explaining the situation which she told them about her relationship with Mary McDonald. "I should've told you. Don't blame yourself, alright love?"

Regulus nodded as his head rested on James shoulder.

"I love you, idiot." Regulus whispered.

"I love you too." James replied, kissing him softly.