Engaged (One Shot)

Killian smiled at Henry as he approached. Over the last 3 and a half years of his and Emma's relationship (though she didn't call it that till the 6 month mark.) He had grown to care for the lad deeply.

"This is great!" Henry exclaimed as he wrapped his arms around the waist of whom he hoped could be his father.

"I'm overjoyed that you think so lad. I was almost just as nervous asking your blessing as I was for asking her hand." Killian jokes and Henry laughed.

"I just had to make sure you really cared about her. She.... she deserves a happy ending" Too wise for his barely 12 years, Killian thought, as they watched Emma hug Mary Margaret and David, Killian’s co worker and both of their friends.

"I truly do. I care about the both of you more than I could ever have imagined... You know that right Henry? I do see you as a son. You don't have to call me dad or anything, if you'd prefer not to I mean, It's your choice lad." Killian said as he swallowed hard. He knew the child had accepted him into his life, but it was a whole other story to be considered the boys father.

"I do want that. I know you care about me and I care about you too Killian. Dad." Henry smiled and Killian returned it. Pulling the boy in for another hug.

"Son." he whispered, his eyes tearing up. Across the way, mingling with guests, Emma caught his eye. Witnessing the obvious heart to heart between her two favorite boys made her eyes tear up as well. She nodded towards Henry, and Killian smiled. She smiled back but was distracted by her co worker, Ruby as she approached her with her husband Jeff.

The engagement party had been all David and Mary Margaret's doing. Killion had taken Emma out on his ship, like there first dates (both to him and her) They had sandwiches for an early dinner, stargazed and cuddled. Just before they were going to start the walk home to Henry, who was being watched by said couple, Killian had gotten down on one knee and popped the question.

Emma had been mildly surprised, considering Killian's hints over the last 6 months or so, as well as his obvious nerves tonight. She had smiled and kissed him, whispering her agreement against his lips before they moved below deck to the bed he kept there. He had sent a quick text to Henry with the good news and they had returned home just before 9pm to the beach in front of their cottage filled with familiar faces.

The night wore on with happy exclamations and a lot of hugging. There was food and music and of course David had ordered one of those temporary dance floors you can rent.

“OK, it may just be an engagement party, but now for the soon to be bride and grooms first dance!” David yelled over the small crowd and Killian tightened his arm around Emma’s waist.

A classic slow song begin playing and Emma was swept up in her fiances arms as he slowly spun her around the beach, with their friends and family as an audience. Killian let his lips rest against her ear, as he sang softly to the song.

“You're such a sap.” Emma smiled and he chuckled into her neck.

“Only for you my love.” He replied and she smiled wide as she pulled away enough to lock eyes with him.

“I love you Killian… You… You’re everything I'd ever dreamed of for Henry and I. Thank you so much.” She whispered and he had to swallow back a ball of emotion as he set her hand that he was holding against his chest hand on his shoulder and moved to cup her cheek.

“You have it backwards beautiful lass. Henry and you...You saved me. I love you so much Emma.” He says and she takes a deep breath, unable to stop her wide smile. He leans forward, holding her face to his as he kisses her, powerless to stop himself.