Challenge Five:

Song: "Superheroes" by The Script

"When you've been fighting for it all your life,

You've been struggling to make things right,

That's how a superhero learns to fly."

Your stomach growled and you frowned in discomfort. You were so hungry that you figured that your stomach was digesting itself. The bell rang and you raced out of the classroom in relief.

You paid for your lunch and you saw a circle of people forming. Sasuke was in the middle with another scared looking kid. You thought his name was Neji or something like that. "Aww poor little Neji is a beggar. Maybe if you sold your body you could afford lunch. It probably doesn't look that bad." Sasuke taunted.

"I just forgot my money! I'm not a beggar! Sasuke, I thought you were my friend!" He exclaimed loudly. Everyone just laughed and scoffed at him.

"As if I, Sasuke Uchiha would ever be friends with someone like you." Sasuke retorted. Neji looked a little sadder but mainly more upset.

You shoved your way through the crowd and you saw everyone step back in shock. "Shit it's the student president. Let's get out of here." You heard someone say. You whipped around and gave them a glare that clearly said, "cowards." They ran away anyways.

You walked straight up to Sasuke and sent him a bone chilling glare. "Sasuke Uchiha. You now have detention. Congrats." You stated. You started to walked away and right before you were out the door, you turned. "Get your hubris in check. Oh but you might have to get a dictionary to learn what that means. Your ego is taking up too much space, it leaves your brain with no room." You added.

As you walked away someone ran up to you. It was Neji. "Thank you for the help back there! I appreciate it!" He chirped happily. He was so small and adorable.

"Oh no problem. And here." You relied, giving him some money. "You need to eat lunch." You added.

He bowed, thanked you again, and ran off down the halls. You were beginning to feel somewhat like a superhero. You smiled at the thought.

Yay another short chapter :) I thought of the idea of Sasuke "betraying" a friend during humanities for some reason... And if you're wondering hubris means: excessive pride or self confidence. And it's pronounced: (hew)-(bris).

~ Jess <3

EDIT (8/26/17): i'm sorry neji is out of character!!! i'm just a lowley fanfic writer... this is an old story... it's au... please don't be harsh...