S: Thank you

~The following day ~

Vic's parents dropped her off at my place at 6 a.m. and 15 minutes later we hit the road, we wanted to avoid traffic and hopefully get there by 3 p.m.

"I can't wait to see Josh." Vic was all giddy in her seat. And I couldn't blame her, I would be just as excited if Niall and I hadn't just broken up.

"I can imagine. So what are our plans?"

"Well today I guess we'll just stop for lunch on the road and then get to Josh's apartment and get settled. Maybe we can go and get dinner or something."

"Why don't you and Josh go out to dinner? You haven't seen him in a while and I bet you won't want me intruding your date night." I told her, because honestly I didn't feel like hanging around the happy couple when I was feeling so shitty myself.

"Really? Thank you, thank you, thank you. That's why you're the best and why I have a surprise for you." She responded excitedly as I continued driving, my eyes trained on the road.

"A surprise, for me?" I asked her curiously.

"Yes, I have a surprise for you the day after tomorrow!" She stated. "But that's all I'm going to say, nothing more."

"Fine, fine. Thank you so much." And honestly I was glad, anything to distract me from the fact that Niall and I were going to be in the same city and not see each other. We spent the rest of the ride to the border just listening to music and singing along, our favorite hobby. Just as we crossed Vic asked me all of the sudden

"Now tell, me why are you so mopey? You didn't think I would notice? I'm your best friend." She knew me too well, what was I going to say? I started to panic and as soon as the thought of Niall and our fight crept into my mind I couldn't contain the tears. They just started coming all together at once. "Holy shit Sofia, what it is? Stop the car. Stop the car." Vic instructed me immediately before I pulled over. "You're scaring me. What happened?" She asked as she hugged me and tried to comfort me. I wanted to speak but the words wouldn't come out. We stayed in that position for about 5 minutes, me crying uncontrollably and Vic hugging me, trying to comfort me. As the minutes passed, I started to calm down a bit.

"It's just that I was talking to this guy, we've been talking for a few weeks." I explained to her, careful as to not mess up. And obviously omitting the part that we were actually dating not just 'talking'.

"Yes, I already know that part. Carry on." She stated, earning a confused look from me.

"How did you..." I started speaking before she cut me off.

"How did I know? Sweetie, you're not the best liar, trust me. I could see that you were always on your phone texting someone and smiling and being all happy and shit. I was just waiting for you to tell me bitch, but you never did."

"Sorry about that." I cracked a smile for the first time in 2 days.

"It's okay. I forgive you. Now what did that motherfucker do to you?"

"We just got into a really huge fight, and he said some things that hurt me. So I hung up the phone on him and he's been trying to text me and call me since it happened 2 days ago. But I just don't know what to do. I mean I like him, but he hurt me. I just don't know if it's worth it."

"Well anyone who makes you cry like that obviously doesn't deserve you. You're a wonderful person and if he can't see that then he's clearly not the one for you." She started talking. "That's the friend part talking, now for the best friend part and the one that you should really listen to" She continued, looking me dead in the eyes with a serious face. "I've never seen you cry like this over anyone, not a single one of your ex boyfriends, not that you had a lot, you're not a slut." She explained, making me laugh yet again. Leave it to Vic to make me smile when I was feeling this miserable. "And you already know what that means, that you have totally fallen for that asshole. You're clearly deep balls in and I know you know what you want to do. You just want someone else to confirm it for you." Fuck, she really knew me. "I think you should give him another chance, whatever he did clearly hurt you, and you shall make him pay for that. But I can see it in your eyes that you still want to be with him. So forgive him, just not yet. Make the motherfucker suffer for a bit."

"Thank you Vic. You made me feel so much better. And I'm really sorry for not telling you that I was talking to someone." I told her as I hugged her really tight.

"No problem. Now, let's switch places. I'll drive for a bit so that you can calm down and not have another breakdown that could possibly kill us when we get to the highway."

"Yeah, sorry. Let's change."

"And even if I offered to drive, you know it's only for a little while, an hour tops bitch. You know how much I hate driving."

"Yeah, yeah. Don't worry, and thank you."

"Any day."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Hey there guys! How are you enjoying the story so far? I'm sorry for dragging it along, but I have something really cute planned for them and I didn't want to rush it. It'll begin in the next chapter I swear, and again, sorry for them not talking and clearing things up yet. I'm really hoping you enjoy it and any suggestions and/or grammar corrections are more than welcome. Don't forget to follow me, vote and comment, it really helps me out and I'd love to hear your thoughts!