too tuff to cry (ponyboyxcurly)

Pony had always been a sensitive kid. But the only person he would ever cry in front of was his brother sodapop. He always felt he was too tuff to cry in front of anyone else including his oldest brother darry. The last time pony cried in front of the whole gang was at his parents funeral. All the boys had shed some tears that day.

It was exactly one month to the day since johnny had told pony to stay gold before taking his last breath. One month to the day since he saw dallas winston shot down and killed. "Come one pone, your breakfast is getting cold" pony was brough out of his thoughts by his brother darry. He had just finished tying up his laces before heading to the kitchen.

During breakfast pony had been very quiet. His brothers new johnny and dally's death had left its mark on their little brother. "Hey little colt, its ok if you wanna take the day off today" darry spoke to him. Darry may be hard on pony most of the time, but he's not a complete ass.

Hearing a car horn, pony quickly grabbed his bag and made his way to the door. "Thats curly, i might be a little late tonight" pony called out to his brothers as he discreetly wiped a single tear from his eye. He got in curlys car and before he could even get his belt on, curly's lips were on his. "Morning beautiful" culy greeted. "Hey" pony replied. Not his usual greeting.

"You ok babe" curly asked genuinely concerned for his boyfriend. "Yeah, just having a bad day is all" pony answered, wiping yet another tear. Instead of heading to school, curly headed in the opposite direction. "Schools the other way curly" pony stated. "I think you need this more" curly stated as he headed towards the cemetary. Curly might seem incompetent sometimes but he does care.

"I'm not stupid babe, i know what today is" he spoke as he shut off the engine. He took off his belt and pony's and pulled pony onto his lap. He wrapped his arms around pony and just held him. Pony who had been doing his best to not let curly see him cry could no longer hold it in. "God i miss them so much curly" he sobbed as curly just listened and rubbed his back.

From that day on soda wasn't the only person to see pony cry.

Five years later........

"Never thought i'd see the day my tuff little brother cried like a baby in front of a big crowd" tim shepperd whispered in his little brothers ear as he stood by him as his best man. Curly didn't care that his brother was mocking him. All he cared about was the beautiful man in his brothers' arms heading his way, and he wasn't ashamed to let his tears fall.

"I love you beautiful" curly whispered with tears in his eyes before placing a chast kiss on his now husbands lips as they swayed on the dance floor. "I love you too babe, forever" pony whispered back as he shed his own tears.