But I discover something else. A new presence, one I have never before felt so strongly. The Force surrounding the presence isn't necessarily light or dark, and even though that should scare me, it doesn't. It feels familiar. At first, I think it to be Ben, but his Force energy is much darker, much heavier.  I realise then it must be Rey. She's close. 

I look up and smile softly. "Guys," I say and the two men turn around, looking int the direction I'm pointing. Through the window at the end of the hallway, we spot Rey climbing up the wall. "Let's go," I say before taking off. Dad, Finn and Chewie rush after me as I follow the Force energy that is getting stronger with every step I take. 

I turn a corner and yelp when I almost run straight into Rey, who holds up a blaster. Her eyes are wide as she takes us in. "You alright?" Dad asks her. 

"Yeah," Rey says, out of breath. Dad takes the blaster from her hands before she turns to Finn. 

"What happened? Did he hurt you?" he asks her worriedly.

"Finn, Raven, what are you doing here?" she asks us.

"We came back for you," Finn answers. 

Chewie roars softly as he stands guard behind me. Rey's eyes soften and I can't help but smile. I turn to my father. "So where to next?" I ask.

"The hangars. We need to place the bombs and get the hell out of here," he says before turning to Rey and Finn, who are in each other's arms. "Escape now, hug later." 

They release one another before we follow Dad to the door that leads us back into the snowy plains. Chewie presses a coat in my hands as he grumbles softly. "Thanks, Chewie. But I'm fine," I say with a smile and he hands the coat to Dad.

I use the Force to open up the door and we jog into the snow, on our way to the large building further down the icy lands. Over our heads, the Resistance and the First Order are caught up in a vicious air battle. All around us, X-Wings and TIE-Fighters are blown up and I quickly pray that Poe makes it out of this unharmed. 

We rush toward the building and stop just outside the main door. "Go around and find a control panel. Make sure Chewie and I can get to the lower level," Dad tells us. 

The three of us nod. "Okay, let's go," I say before leading Finn and Rey around the building where we find ourselves another door. We enter without much trouble. As soon as we set foot inside, the stormtroopers guarding the door open fire on us, but we fight back with as much, if not more, strength. I fend off the blasts with my Saber as Finn and Rey shoot them down with their blasters. 

As soon as we have cleared the area, I stand guard while Rey breaks into the control panel and rips out a mechanical piece that looks important. 

A sudden coldness washes over me and I have to lean on the wall to stay standing. "Ben," I whisper. 

"What?" Finn asks. "Raven, are you okay?" 

I shake my head, swallowing with trouble. "I-I have to go," I mutter.

"Go? Go where?" Rey asks. 

"Let us come with you," Finn says. 

"N-No, it's too dangerous," I say. 

"Raven, being here is dangerous enough. Let us help," he urges.

I look at him for a moment before nodding. "Okay, come on," I say before following the horrendous flood of energy down the hallway. Every step echoes in my head as a high ringing sound pierces my ears. I don't know where I'm going, but I let the Force guide me. 

We end up on a small metal balcony that overlooks the hangar. "Ben!" my dad's voice shouts and the cloaked figure on the bridge halts. My breath hitches in my throat as my brother turns around. Dad slowly walks toward him and I grip the metal railing in front of me until my knuckles turn white.

Ben reaches up and with a hiss, removes the helmet from his head. His dark hair contrasts his pale skin like a shadow in the snow. He looks just as I remember him. He begins to talk, but I'm too far away to hear what he says.

Ben drops the mask in his hands and it clangs on the metal of the bridge. He takes his Lightsaber off his belt and holds it up. Dad takes it. Behind us, the sun disappears, but I'm too shaken by the scene before me to notice. 

Dad still holds the Saber but Ben won't let go. He turns it and after pressing the ignition button, drives its blade straight through my father's chest. A tormented scream erupts from my throat before I can stop myself and Ben looks up, meeting my eyes. He is almost shocked to see me, but I can only see a vague blur through the salty tears in my eyes. 

"Raven, we need to go!" Finn calls out, pain in his voice, but I don't listen. I lift up a hand and squeeze it tightly. I see Ben reach for his throat, gasping for air. "Raven!" Finn shouts, ripping me from my trance. He takes my arm and drags me away, leaving behind my father and -what once used to be- my brother.